Swipe Fingerprint for Notifications Inconsistent

nitro2k1

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
One of the features I really like on my Pixel 2 is the swipe fingerprint feature to pull down the notification shade. I just got the Pixel 3 and turned this feature on to find it doesn't work consistently. On my Pixel 2, it works pretty much anywhere on the sensor but the Pixel 3 is very finicky and doesn't work consistently. I find myself swiping down sometimes and it doesn't even register. Curious if anyone else is having this issue?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Some have complained but mine is OK. My case has a wide opening but I don't know if that makes a difference. Try it without the case.

nitro2k1

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I have been using it without the case and it's very unresponsive. Did you have the Pixel 2 as well for comparison?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I have been using it without the case and it's very unresponsive. Did you have the Pixel 2 as well for comparison?

I had 2XL but it's not a feature I used that often....I just forget to use it. It feels the same to me as the 3XL.

mbxx

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
This function is getting worst after the November Patch at my Pixel 3.
Before it works like at my Pixel 2.

Iain Johnson1

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I think the trick on this device is to place your finger on the sensor and then move down with it in contact all the way. Seems to work differently than I was used to with other devices.

C5Longhorn

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I find the functionality to be intermittent on my P3 XL. It was better on my P2. Hopefully, it's something Google can fix as I really like this feature.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I think the trick on this device is to place your finger on the sensor and then move down with it in contact all the way. Seems to work differently than I was used to with other devices.
This. If I quickly try to use my tip without resting my finger on sensor it rarely works, but if I rest it and drag Down it always works. Seems the made the feature here require more effort on user behalf, maybe other people complained prior it was too easy?

flashstepped

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site

Whoa! This works for me. Once I got the pixel, I put a case on it right away, and thought the case interfered with the swipe notification gesture. Now I know it's not the case. Thanks for this

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
For me it doesn't work as well as it did on the 2XL. On the 2XL, it worked all the time. On the 3XL I sometimes have to repeat 3or 4 times.

BobLad

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Mine wasn't consistent until I followed the suggestion of moving your finger all the way from top to bottom. Now it works every time. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke