So I've had the 3xl for a out two weeks and I've just became aware that I am missing some incoming texts. I've confirmed this by looking at some group messages on my wife and son's phones. Obviously, this is a huge deal. It sounds like Google is aware.

I came from an iPhone 7. Verizon told me I needed to call and get my Apple account disconnected. I had followed the steps prior to moving from the iPhone but went ahead today and called Apple to make sure iMessage was disconnected. They said that I wasn't showing as connected in their system.

Is a factory reset the next step I should take?

Is the backup in Settings all I need to do to get everything back (including texts) the easiest and safest?

Thanks for any help your guys can offer.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    11-26-2018 05:24 PM
    So I've had the 3xl for a out two weeks and I've just became aware that I am missing some incoming texts. I've confirmed this by looking at some group messages on my wife and son's phones. Obviously, this is a huge deal. It sounds like Google is aware.

I came from an iPhone 7. Verizon told me I needed to call and get my Apple account disconnected. I had followed the steps prior to moving from the iPhone but went ahead today and called Apple to make sure iMessage was disconnected. They said that I wasn't showing as connected in their system.

Is a factory reset the next step I should take?

Is the backup in Settings all I need to do to get everything back (including texts) the easiest and safest?

Thanks for any help your guys can offer.
    This may be a bug, in case you weren't aware.

https://9to5google.com/2018/11/14/pi...-messages-fix/
    J_Bone likes this.
    11-26-2018 05:31 PM
    Yeah. I read that. Was wondering if it was worth the effort of doing a factory reset. Just thought there would be more chatter about this kind of bug versus some of the other issues people seem to be more vocal about.
    11-26-2018 07:43 PM
    Yeah. I read that. Was wondering if it was worth the effort of doing a factory reset. Just thought there would be more chatter about this kind of bug versus some of the other issues people seem to be more vocal about.
    Factory reset won't help. It's the association of your number with iCloud. I had to actually sign out of iCloud to get texts from iPhone friends. Been 24 hours now... It seems to be working. Since most of my family and friends are on iOS..I was prepared to turn the iPhone MAX ok back on.
    J_Bone likes this.
    11-26-2018 08:23 PM