Anyone found a way to change "Ok- Google"?

Unfranchise33

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I use to have a much more unique assistant phrase on my Turbo-2. I can't seem to find a way to customize my "google assistant wake-up phrase". Has anyone else found one?

The only option I have found, is to install one of two third party apps and let them listen to my phone all day (Kill my battery and send all my conversations to "god-knows-who") No thanks!

I only want google listening to me :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's because, as of now, there is no way to do it. Depending on your device, the only wake-up phrases are 'OK Google' and 'Hey Google'. The assistant you probably had before wasn't Google's but a manufacturer-specific one, like Samsung's Bixby or Amazon's Alexa (which does allow you to set up more commands, but none are 'custom').

edison2012

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I can't help either. I lived in the Motorola eco system for years and really loved the stock ability to set my own wake up phrase and to have the phone read my notifications to me. Like you, I'm not happy with the Hey Google limitation, but at least with my P2XL I can just squeeze the phone and ask my question without shouting out that phrase.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I miss the Moto voice feature on my mxpe as well..... when it worked it was much more useful than the Google Assistant as far as reading out and answering calls and texts hands free. Too bad they retired it :-( Now they just have a "show me" feature instead.

Lenovo's really drug the Motorola brand down by taking away key features and not supporting it properly with timely (if any) security, bug fixes, and os updates. A real shame. Oh well more business for Google and their pixel line from me ;-)

edison2012

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Actually I think it started when Google had Motorola. Each year it seemed Moto Actions got weaker. I suspect, and will probably never know, that Google wanted a competing service weakened. I agree Moto's actions were just a shell of their original capabilities at the end. That's why I finally migrated to the Pixel line.
I miss the Moto voice feature on my mxpe as well..... when it worked it was much more useful than the Google Assistant as far as reading out and answering calls and texts hands free. Too bad they retired it :-( Now they just have a "show me" feature instead.

Lenovo's really drug the Motorola brand down by taking away key features and not supporting it properly with timely (if any) security, bug fixes, and os updates. A real shame. Oh well more business for Google and their pixel line from me ;-)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance