Would like to buy new phone but confused between pixel 3 & iphone xs

Screen resolution: 1080 x 2160 pixels vs 1125 x 2436 pixels
    Chipset: Snapdragon 845 vs A12 Bionic
    Battery: 2915mAh vs 2658mAh

other pros & cons plz..appreciate it.
    11-28-2018 08:32 AM
    It’s hard to compare things that are complete opposites. Both phones are the best in their respective OS. What are you more invested in? Google eco system or Apple? What do your friends and family have? Reason I ask that is because of iMessage and FaceTime, both of which are only on iOS. What is important to you in a smartphone? Camera? Battery? Display?
    11-28-2018 08:35 AM
    Would like to buy new phone but confused between pixel 3 & iphone xs

Screen resolution: 1080 x 2160 pixels vs 1125 x 2436 pixels
    Chipset: Snapdragon 845 vs A12 Bionic
    Battery:2915mAhvs 2658mAh

other pros & cons plz..appreciate it.
    Unfortunately it’s not about the specs any more! It’s what eco-system you want to invest in and what’s more important as a functionality and capability of the platform. What are you lookin mg for the most in a phone?
    11-28-2018 08:57 AM
    You know, I really do not think eco-system really matters unless you want to go "All-in". For instance, my main PC at home is a custom built Windows 10 machine. I then have a Macbook Air, a Pixelbook, an iPad, and an iPhone as my main phone and a S7 as a backup. And you know what? I use them all interchangeably with no problems. Sure, I could go strictly Apple or could go strictly Android/Chrome, or even Windows PC with windows ph- oh wait never mind that. But in any case, it doesn't matter, I enjoy Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, Chrome, etc. Not to mention having Alexa as my home speakers. I mean, you don't HAVE to live in the eco system if you don't want to. Just get the phone you like using the most and be done with it. Try them, if you like it, keep it. If you don't, send it back. There are sooo many YouTube videos that give you all the comparisons you could ever want, but until you actually start using it and find out how it fits yours life, you will never know better.
    alodar101 likes this.
    11-29-2018 03:34 PM
    Buy the one you like better that has more important/purchased apps that you find valuable. Unless you are just ready for a change, or a killer feature (camera) is more important than anything else.
    11-29-2018 04:27 PM
    If you haven't done so, try to look at them in person.
    alodar101 likes this.
    11-29-2018 04:30 PM
    If you haven't done so, try to look at them in person.
    If u go by looks alone xs max wins every time
    11-29-2018 05:05 PM
    You know, I really do not think eco-system really matters unless you want to go "All-in". For instance, my main PC at home is a custom built Windows 10 machine. I then have a Macbook Air, a Pixelbook, an iPad, and an iPhone as my main phone and a S7 as a backup. And you know what? I use them all interchangeably with no problems. Sure, I could go strictly Apple or could go strictly Android/Chrome, or even Windows PC with windows ph- oh wait never mind that. But in any case, it doesn't matter, I enjoy Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, Chrome, etc. Not to mention having Alexa as my home speakers. I mean, you don't HAVE to live in the eco system if you don't want to. Just get the phone you like using the most and be done with it. Try them, if you like it, keep it. If you don't, send it back. There are sooo many YouTube videos that give you all the comparisons you could ever want, but until you actually start using it and find out how it fits yours life, you will never know better.
    I actually think @digitalbreak has a point. I definitely make my hardware decisions based on my services ecosystem being at the center.

I think your post reflects, maybe most, users with a modular approach to hardware. With your current set-up, what services do you use? Maybe MS Office is your core..? How do you reduce duplication of effort most of the time?
    12-01-2018 12:35 PM
    If u go by looks alone xs max wins every time
    That's not true....we all like different things. Besides, seeing one in person involved more than just looks.
    12-01-2018 12:40 PM
    Honestly it just comes down to iOS or Android between the two...both are excellent phones
    12-01-2018 12:50 PM
    I actually think @digitalbreak has a point. I definitely make my hardware decisions based on my services ecosystem being at the center.

I think your post reflects, maybe most, users with a modular approach to hardware. With your current set-up, what services do you use? Maybe MS Office is your core..? How do you reduce duplication of effort most of the time?
    I don't use Microsoft Office for anything actually, other than for work. Personal things I use Google Drive for everything. I also use gmail and my icloud account email. Photos I use Google Photos exclusively. Can't say anything ever feels like duplication other than photos to be honest, but that is only because Apple photos has to be on my phone.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    12-01-2018 06:12 PM
    +1
    12-01-2018 07:45 PM
    i like both phones and others have said eco systems can play a role. (sorry for the long post a head)
    TL : DR your use case will vary but i think there are a variety of things that affect the "Value" of a device.

Like if your significant other and a majority of your friends/family use iphones then imessage/airdrop/facetime become much more valuable as trying to get non tech friends to use duo/hangouts/skype can be difficult. But if most of the people you speak to do not use iOS then you have more flexibility also if you do not own a mac/ipad or other apple products a lot of the eco system integration actually becomes aggravation. and the way you manage things on your device will require a different workflow if you dont use other apple products.

I use an iphone X most of the time because my wife/her family/my family/friends all mostly use iphones so sending videos and pictures of my daughter is much easier. I also have an apple tv so my phone is a remote and i have apple media (thanks to movies anywhere this is less of a lock in but still convenient). I have homekit accessories like hue lights so controls are built into control center. So with each of these things to me the value of using an iphone raises. also if you liive near an apple store the iphone holds more value because repairs and problem fixes become quicker and more trusted.

I can use android and use google photos/allo/duo/hangouts, there are appls to control my apple tv since my daughter hides the remote (but those apps suck cidertv is the best i have found and it is usable at best.), i also have chromecast in my tv. but i have to use 2 different apps for hue and Wemo and my other smart home things. They all still work just less convenient. And yes i have tried the hue widget but for some reason mine never updates properly tried many times different devices. So in my daily life i can still use android it is just less convenient in my workflow.

For work i need google maps,email alot, a phone a lot, and good battery life as i work 12 hour shifts. both phones can do this and both phones have pretty much all the apps i need.

I have used many android devices over the years and many iphones first android was the g1 and first iphone was the 3g, phones are my hobby i buy multiple a year (well used to before my daughter was born) and sell the ones i dont care for.

I think both phones are overpriced but given most people in the US buy on payment and you can find some deals with the holidays they get better, and it is not hard to justify the monthly price.

while i agree with others you can be eco system agnostic if you do have a lot of stake in one ecosystem things can be more convenient. And you have to decide if that is important to you.

Personally if you want an iphone i think the XR is a better device than the max, and i like the note 9(on sale)or the 1+ 6T over the pixel.
    12-04-2018 07:38 AM
    I hate to say it but IMO, android is more for phone enthusiasts. I'd advise the average consumer to just get a iPhone. Simple to use and widely used. So it's also likely your friends/family also have iPhone's. Sometimes iPhone users get adventurous and make the switch at some point. So as others have stated, get whatever fits your life better. Both are great devices and will get the job done.
    12-04-2018 10:19 AM
    I hate to say it but IMO, android is more for phone enthusiasts. I'd advise the average consumer to just get a iPhone. Simple to use and widely used. So it's also likely your friends/family also have iPhone's. Sometimes iPhone users get adventurous and make the switch at some point. So as others have stated, get whatever fits your life better. Both are great devices and will get the job done.
    Agreed, I also think Android is more for techie enthusiast where as iPhone is just something that works. Imessage and the ecosystem just lock those people in and make it daunting to leave.

Both OSs function, do what's expected and becomes UX factor.
    12-04-2018 04:33 PM