How is your call quality on Pixel 3 XL?

Ravenwjf

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
My phone quality is awesome, on LTE, with HD it's crisp and clear...a little to good actually cuz I get in trouble all the time for key or controller button mashing the wife can hear on the other end!! Wifi enabled calls are just as clear, and I have had no issue with using the speaker phone...Pixel 3 XL. I had to show my wife that with her XL to hold the phone properly, because it is a larger phone she was holding the mic closer to her mouth, meaning the ear speaker was to high and she had been complaining about muffled quality, all good now though!!

mgssrs

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Bought 4 Pixel 3s about 2 weeks ago. Mine and my wife's have very bad call quality. The other two and my kid's and they have made many calls. Not all the time but most calls the person on the other end can't hear me. If I put it on speaker phone it work okay.
I called Verizon tech and that did nothing. Stopped at a Verizon store, waited 20 mins to be told all he know how to do is turn on LTE calling and that I should contact Google.

mgssrs

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Still not having very good call quality. Our phones take longer to connect when making or answering calls and still the other person has trouble hearing us at times.

sjcdal

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Ours is pretty bad. Within my family we have 2 Pixel3 XL's (one recently replaced after blurry camera issue) and 3 Pixel 3's. All are experiencing pretty poor wifi calling, and not much better if we take it off wifi in my admittedly sketchy Cell area. We are on edge of small wooded area that none of the companies are interested in covering...but still within city limits of Dallas, so it's not like we are totally out in the boonies. We had some issues with Pixel 2's, but nothing this bad.

And then google assistant surfaced this article this morning. Apparently lots of people reporting problems. I am hoping this will lead to a software update fix....
https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/...lems-with-call-quality-and-connection-issues/

I love FI and otherwise love the Pixel 3.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Ours is pretty bad. Within my family we have 2 Pixel3 XL's (one recently replaced after blurry camera issue) and 3 Pixel 3's. All are experiencing pretty poor wifi calling, and not much better if we take it off wifi in my admittedly sketchy Cell area. We are on edge of small wooded area that none of the companies are interested in covering...but still within city limits of Dallas, so it's not like we are totally out in the boonies. We had some issues with Pixel 2's, but nothing this bad.

And then google assistant surfaced this article this morning. Apparently lots of people reporting problems. I am hoping this will lead to a software update fix....
https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/...lems-with-call-quality-and-connection-issues/

I love FI and otherwise love the Pixel 3.

I don't know that lots of people have call issues other than they are saying it.

shawn122

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
This right here on mine .

I have the Pixel 3 and when it is working the call quality is great. I can hear people clearly. However there is an intermittent issue with the other side complaining they cant hear me, my voice is cutting out or my voice is tinny or filled with static.

This is not a network issue. I had a S7 Edge for 2 years with no issues on the same network (Koodo) in Canada.

I spoke with Google and I spoke with Koodo. Koodo verified nothing has changed on their end. They then tried to optimise the Pixel3 on their network which meant I had to power off my phone, they reset all their configurations and then I was required to power back on my phone.

I have up until January 15th to return this phone. If Google doesn't issue a statement to say they are looking at this issue, I will probably return it. I don't want to - I have been with Samsung since the Samsung Captivate days and I felt it was time for a change.

Other than this calling issue, I have no other complaints.

Louis Stull

Dec 22, 2018
Visit site
Ours is terrible. Bought 3 phones and they all have same symptoms. Delayed connections with missing chuncks of audio in almost every call.

shawn122

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Ours is terrible. Bought 3 phones and they all have same symptoms. Delayed connections with missing chuncks of audio in almost every call.

There have been a few things you can try to help until Google acknowledges the issue. Have you tried switching over to 3G exclusively? I was testing oy yesterday and I think it worked bit in would need to see over a week.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Kate and I have recently started experiencing voice problems with our 3 XL's cutting in and out. Doing a "restart" seems to right the ship. Since we didn't experience this problem until recently, it would appear that a recent update might have caused it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc