How is your call quality on Pixel 3 XL?

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
As we're standing in line at the Verizon store to pick up our online order of the Pixel 3 XL, there are two people in front of us complaining about the call quality of the phone and are returning the device for something else. So far in 5 days of having the phone, the call quality seems on par with any other phone the wife has had. Still, I'm curious if anyone else out there has complaints about the call quality.

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Call quality is superb. And, here is the amazing part, while traveling on Chicago's subways, people can hear me and I can hear them. No complaints. Also Wi-Fi calling works seamlessly and well.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Call quality is good for me. I get better reception in my house than I have with other phones, and speaker phone calls are quite good for me. I use the speaker option a lot for work. Speakers are loud and clear, and nobody has complained yet about how I sound.

Noahma

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
My uncle and younger brother complained that my dad sounded like he was in a tunnel with his P3. Google sent him a new one, and its much better. I have had 0 problems with my 3xl. Quality seems to be as it should.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I've had no issues, though I've yet to try the speakerphone. Not seen any posts or reviews that mentioned this as an issue. I'm guessing that the people complaining had buyers remorse and were using that as an excuse to return.

djisia87

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Its good until I start talking on speakerphone and people do complain. It doesnt happen 100% but it happens enough to notice.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
So after I said that I had no issues, one cropped up. It's not overall call quality per se, but most likely a bluetooth issue. When using my Plantronics Legend headset, volume is noticeably less to the call recipient. Also sounds like I'm in a tunnel. Calls made straight from the phone are perfect. I don't recall this as being an issue with the OG Pixel.

Will reset and re-pair the headset to see if that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech