What we already knew

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I got the og pixel for free during Black Friday in 2016. Where was their cry babying then? People who want the latest and greatest at release do not get a deal. When it comes to phones, those who wait get the best deals. Same applies to most things. This is click bait for those who are mad that it went on sale so quickly.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I got the og pixel for free during Black Friday in 2016. Where was their cry babying then? People who want the latest and greatest at release do not get a deal. When it comes to phones, those who wait get the best deals. Same applies to most things. This is click bait for those who are mad that it went on sale so quickly.

I 100% agree. You want a phone, a car or WHATEVER at launch, you gotta know that means paying full price.

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
So much hand wringing. You want a new phone the minute it launches, you pay full price. You want to wait for the kinks to be worked out, and for a bargain? You wait. And that's true not just of the Pixel.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Problem is some people fall victim to these kinds of articles and then there's the haters who like to do drive buys and fuel the fire.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So much hand wringing. You want a new phone the minute it launches, you pay full price. You want to wait for the kinks to be worked out, and for a bargain? You wait. And that's true not just of the Pixel.

Did you read it at all? If so you would see he literally said this isn't only a Pixel thing.. just FYI.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Did you read it at all? If so you would see he literally said this isn't only a Pixel thing.. just FYI.

While they may have mentioned it happens to others also, they specifically called out the google pixel in the title, and it made up the bulk of the article. Hence it being a click bait article.

I'd give them more credit if the title was, "It pays to wait to purchase a phone these days"

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
While they may have mentioned it happens to others also, they specifically called out the google pixel in the title, and it made up the bulk of the article. Hence it being a click bait article.

I'd give them more credit if the title was, "It pays to wait to purchase a phone these days"

Well yeah they called out Google. They are 9to5Google :p.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Why You Should Never Buy A Google Phone at Launch Again
Google with the Pixel has made the case to never buy a full price phone again because it will eventually get a price drop. Thanks for reading this click bait article.

Final Editor Note - This isn't specific to Google. This has been common practice for many OEMs for many years. Hell, it isn't even specific to phones. All kinds of stuff goes on sale during the holidays, but thanks for viewing this article that makes it seems like google is at fault. Check out our next click bait article, "Chevrolet, screwing people who bought cars at the beginning of the year because they went on sale for Memorial Day.

PS - This isn't specific to Chevrolet, nearly all vehicle manufacturers have sales during Memorial Day. Check out our next click bait article, "LG taking advantage of people because recently released dishwasher is on sale for Black Friday"

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Google with the Pixel has made the case to never buy a full price phone again because it will eventually get a price drop. Thanks for reading this click bait article.

Final Editor Note - This isn't specific to Google. This has been common practice for many OEMs for many years. Hell, it isn't even specific to phones. All kinds of stuff goes on sale during the holidays, but thanks for viewing this article that makes it seems like google is at fault. Check out our next click bait article, "Chevrolet, screwing people who bought cars at the beginning of the year because they were on sale for Memorial Day.

PS - This isn't specific to Chevrolet, nearly all vehicle manufacturers have sales during Memorial Day. Check out our next click bait article, "LG taking advantage of people because recently released dishwasher is on sale for Black Friday"

I am not sure why you are so upset over an opinion piece. The guy simply gave his opinion on the matter -- but even goes to say it isn't just a Google thing. Are you mad he literally didn't go write about every possible other product?

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm not mad. At all. More so just having fun with this. I just think its a stupid article. Verizon has been having really good black friday deals for years. Google phone or not. And its not uncommon for almost any phone to go on sale during the holidays.

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site

Final Editor Note - This isn't specific to Google. This has been common practice for many OEMs for many years. Hell, it isn't even specific to phones. All kinds of stuff goes on sale during the holidays, but thanks for viewing this article that makes it seems like google is at fault. Check out our next click bait article, "Chevrolet, screwing people who bought cars at the beginning of the year because they went on sale for Memorial Day.

It hits close to home with the Pixel because of how soon they are released to Black Friday. If they released their new phones in June or July, this wouldn't be a big deal. When you release in October and the next month Black Friday hits, it is more jarring. This is simply common sense. Call it click bait but who cares? The internet is 99% click bait. For someone who got their OG Pixel for free on a Black Friday deal, I don't know why you care so much.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not mad. At all. More so just having fun with this. I just think its a stupid article. Verizon has been having really good black friday deals for years. Google phone or not. And its not uncommon for almost any phone to go on sale during the holidays.

It isn't an article. It is an opinion piece. He says so literally in the title (first word anyone sees when going to the site "Comment:").

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
It isn't an article. It is an opinion piece. He says so literally in the title (first word anyone sees when going to the site "Comment:").

Ok, opinion piece, box of text on a webpage whatever you want to call it. An opinion piece is an article.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok, opinion piece, box of text on a webpage whatever you want to call it. An opinion piece is an article.

Yes an article of the writers pure opinion -- so not some factual article like we normally link to and then quote if wrong. The guy is stating why he thinks people should really wait -- and the few that don't he explains why at the bottom.

You just seem to have it out for him for writing his own opinion since he didn't write about LG dishwashers, cars, etc. lol.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Haha, ok, then I guess its not completely necessary to point out that its not an article. And you seem to have it out for me expressing my opinion because I don't agree with his, so...

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure why you are so upset over an opinion piece. The guy simply gave his opinion on the matter -- but even goes to say it isn't just a Google thing. Are you mad he literally didn't go write about every possible other product?

Don't you know? Outrage is all the fashion. I honestly think people fear they would cease to exist if they can't find something catastrophic to be outraged by on at least a daily basis. I find it exhausting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11