I have had my P3 for 4 days now and I am having issues with connecting to speakers using Chromecast. It's a variety of issues related to connectivity

• Sometimes I will select the speaker and then it does nothing
    • Sometimes it will connect to the speaker but then it won't play music through it. When I tap the Chromecast icon again, I get a menu of speakers etc. again. So I repeat the process multiple times.
    • I will tap on the Chromecast icon and it will do nothing.
    • When I turn off the speaker (it's a JBL Link), Chromecast won't cut the connection like it used to on my 2XL. It usually pops up a notice about not being able to connect but not always. It can lock up the connection for a long time. Maybe this is intentional?

I used this speaker daily with my 2XL, no issues.

Basically, it takes several minutes of tapping, opening, closing Chromecast to get it working. It has yet to just work the first time.

This is when I am using Google Play Music and today I tried YouTube music and it did the same thing.

Anyone else?
    11-30-2018 10:14 AM
    Sorry, the only chromecasting I do is Google Home and it works so I'm not going to be much help. I use Bluetooth speakers and seem to work but that's not the same
    11-30-2018 03:27 PM
    I use Bluetooth speakers and seem to work but that's not the same
    I stopped using the Bluetooth connection because the music would just stop when I got a notification. I don't know if you experience that too. It's only an issue when I'm in the shower (my phone doesn't join me).
    11-30-2018 03:30 PM
    I have had my P3 for 4 days now and I am having issues with connecting to speakers using Chromecast. It's a variety of issues related to connectivity

• Sometimes it will connect to the speaker but then it won't play music through it. When I tap the Chromecast icon again, I get a menu of speakers etc. again. So I repeat the process multiple times.
    • When I turn off the speaker (it's a JBL Link), Chromecast won't cut the connection like it used to on my 2XL. It usually pops up a notice about not being able to connect but not always. It can lock up the connection for a long time. Maybe this is intentional?

Basically, it takes several minutes of tapping, opening, closing Chromecast to get it working. It has yet to just work the first time.

This is when I am using Google Play Music and today I tried YouTube music and it did the same thing.

Anyone else?
    I use chromecast for kids TV In Their room and I set it up with my phone no issues they watch Netflix or youtube
    11-30-2018 03:46 PM
    I stopped using the Bluetooth connection because the music would just stop when I got a notification. I don't know if you experience that too. It's only an issue when I'm in the shower (my phone doesn't join me).
    No.... The music still plays
    11-30-2018 03:48 PM
    No.... The music still plays
    Maybe I'll try it again. It very well could be just the JBL speaker that can't handle the notification interruptions over Bluetooth. I just find it odd that I switch phones and now casting audio is a mess.

To others comments... I don't have a problem with casting video.
    11-30-2018 03:53 PM
    Maybe I'll try it again. It very well could be just the JBL speaker that can't handle the notification interruptions over Bluetooth. I just find it odd that I switch phones and now casting audio is a mess.

To others comments... I don't have a problem with casting video.
    Ok just music got it
    11-30-2018 03:56 PM

Anyone else?
    I have two Chromecasts and have no issues.

I would suggest, opening the Google Home app and ensure your Chromecast is configured and available in your account. If you don’t see the Chromecast in the Home app, you can add it right there in the app.
    11-30-2018 09:45 PM
    I have two Chromecasts and have no issues.
    I may have my terminology wrong. Can someone let me know if I do and what I should be saying?

This is what I mean....

I am not using a Chromecast target that is actually a Chromecast or Chromecast Audio.

My JBL Link 20 speaker can function as a Chromecast target itself.

When I tap the Chromecast icon in my music app, it brings up a long list of the Chromecast tagrets in my home. I have a frickin' house full of them. I select "JBL Speaker" as the target.

And then all the problems happen.
    11-30-2018 11:21 PM
    Put the phone on vibrate when playing. It shouldn't try and play the notification sound then.
    11-30-2018 11:30 PM
    Put the phone on vibrate when playing. It shouldn't try and play the notification sound then.
    Good idea.

Casting was so convenient though. <sigh>
    11-30-2018 11:34 PM