My wife an I both had Motorola droid turbo phones and I upgraded my phone to a Pixel 3. Today we have had quite a few national weather alerts for tornadoes and flash flooding. When these alerts come in both of our phones make a very loud alert sound but on my wife's turbo the alert sound was followed by an audio announcement of the alert such as "The national weather service has issued a flash flood warning for your area until 6 P.M" but on my Pixel 3 I get no audio aannouncements. I kind of liked this audio announcement and was wondering if this was something that was specific to the turbo or a Verizon app that was not installed when I upgraded or whether i dont have something setup correctly on mt Pixel 3. I've looked at settings and apps on my phone and can't find anything related to audio emergency announcements so I thought I would check on the forum to see if anyone know anything about this as I would like to have this functionality if it's available.
    12-01-2018 07:43 PM
    I don't remember getting any such audio follow up on my Pixel 2 XL, just the annoying initial audio. Sounds like a Motorola feature.
    12-01-2018 08:41 PM
    I agree with GSDer....no audio follow up
    12-01-2018 09:02 PM
    I got the audio follow up on my Moto x pure, and both me and my wife got them on multiple windows phones. All were default settings. I haven't received any alerts on my pixel to know what it does yet..... but I do remember seeing settings for emergency alerts in my pixel menu somewhere. A lot of other phones I've been around also do the audio follow up as well. I thought it was some kind of mandatory default "on" setting you had to turn off...... but maybe it's optional on the pixels.
    12-02-2018 03:01 AM
    Settings -> Apps & notifications -> Emergency alerts -> Developer options subheading: enable 'Speak alert message'
    12-02-2018 01:00 PM
    Settings -> Apps & notifications -> Emergency alerts -> Developer options subheading: enable 'Speak alert message' https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ed98260138.jpg
    GSDer

I had to turn the the developer options to see the subheading but the Speak Alert Message option was active on my Pixel 3. The thing is that I don't know is if this functionality is only available if you first have the developer functionality turned on or whether, by turning on the developer functionality this option was activated or whether it was activated by default in the background and simply not working. Unfortunately, I won't have any answers until we get a new weather related alert. It sure would be nice if you could ask Google about stuff like this but I'm unaware of a forum or site run by Google that allows questions of this nature regarding the Pixel 3. Are you aware of any reporting site of this nature?
    12-04-2018 12:32 PM
    GSDer

I had to turn the the developer options to see the subheading but the Speak Alert Message option was active on my Pixel 3. The thing is that I don't know is if this functionality is only available if you first have the developer functionality turned on or whether, by turning on the developer functionality this option was activated or whether it was activated by default in the background and simply not working. Unfortunately, I won't have any answers until we get a new weather related alert. It sure would be nice if you could ask Google about stuff like this but I'm unaware of a forum or site run by Google that allows questions of this nature regarding the Pixel 3. Are you aware of any reporting site of this nature?
    I got an amber alert. Do you you receive those?
    12-04-2018 04:24 PM
    Sometimes but not often
    12-04-2018 08:13 PM
    I got an amber alert. Do you you receive those?
    I have Amber Alerts turned on, so I get them.
    12-04-2018 08:19 PM
    It sure would be nice if you could ask Google about stuff like this but I'm unaware of a forum or site run by Google that allows questions of this nature regarding the Pixel 3. Are you aware of any reporting site of this nature?
    You could try https://productforums.google.com/for...google/pixel-3
    It's a site run by Google but the moderators and contributors seem to be regular Joe Q. Public folks. I'm not sure you'd get a better answer there but it couldn't hurt.
    12-05-2018 01:54 AM