One thing I have noticed on the 3 so far is that for many of my apps, the notification sound I set for it never sounds off. I always get the default notification sound for those apps.

When I go in to check or change it, its still on the the notification sound I picked in the first place.

Why are certain apps, which allow you to pick a different sound, only playing default sound, while others that I changed are playing that changed sound?
    12-03-2018 11:44 AM
    Are you using system notification sounds, or sounds provided by yourself or a third-party app?

If the latter, where are the sound files located?
    12-03-2018 12:26 PM
    Are you using system notification sounds, or sounds provided by yourself or a third-party app?

If the latter, where are the sound files located?
    Ok, lets take tweetcaster for example. Ive been using this app for about 4 years now with the exact same notification sound the whole time. The file is found in audio/notifications. The same place all my other notifications are found(ringtones in the other file in audio).

The pixel 3 is the first phone(everything has been nexus or pixel before) that doesn't play the selected notification in the app. It only plays the default notification sound from the phone.
    12-03-2018 02:10 PM
    Ive been using this app for about 4 years now with the exact same notification sound the whole time. The file is found in audio/notifications.
    So you're using your own sound. What happens if you pick one of the other system sounds? If it works properly then you know that the issue lies with your custom sound file or the location of said file.
    12-03-2018 05:52 PM
    So you're using your own sound. What happens if you pick one of the other system sounds? If it works properly then you know that the issue lies with your custom sound file or the location of said file.
    Just tried with a different factory sound and it still played the default notification sound.
    12-03-2018 06:57 PM
    Not sure what to tell you. I went into WhatsApp and changed the notification sound several times and each time an incoming message generated the expected sound.
    Without asking you for a list of which apps this works for (I'm assuming that it works correctly for some of your apps?) and which it doesn't, I can only hazard a guess that some apps are poorly coded and are not keeping up with the latest APIs.
    If this is not working for ANY of your apps let us know and we can continue troubleshooting; if it works correctly for some apps and not others then I'd suggest sending feedback to the offending developers letting them know about the problem.
    12-04-2018 12:25 PM
    Not sure what to tell you. I went into WhatsApp and changed the notification sound several times and each time an incoming message generated the expected sound.
    Without asking you for a list of which apps this works for (I'm assuming that it works correctly for some of your apps?) and which it doesn't, I can only hazard a guess that some apps are poorly coded and are not keeping up with the latest APIs.
    If this is not working for ANY of your apps let us know and we can continue troubleshooting; if it works correctly for some apps and not others then I'd suggest sending feedback to the offending developers letting them know about the problem.
    Yeah, true. Its only for a few apps. And it pretty much only started with Pie. So I guess the developers arent keeping up on some things. Thanks for trying to help out though.
    12-04-2018 12:56 PM
    Discovered what I was looking for on Reddit:

Settings>Apps & Notifications>(whatever app you are trying to set)>Notifications>Default Notifications Channel>(Advanced Pulldown)>Sound
    12-31-2018 02:10 PM