I currently have both my carrier number and my Google Voice number on my phone.

To separate business and pleasure, I use Google Messenger for SMS to my carrier number and Hangouts for my Google Voice number.

With all this talk about Hangouts possibly being discontinued what app are you using for GV text messages?

Keep in mind I want to use 2 different apps to keeps carrier vs GV separate.
    12-03-2018 07:10 PM
    Still using Hangouts with no problem.
    12-03-2018 08:14 PM
    I currently have both my carrier number and my Google Voice number on my phone.

To separate business and pleasure, I use Google Messenger for SMS to my carrier number and Hangouts for my Google Voice number.

With all this talk about Hangouts possibly being discontinued what app are you using for GV text messages?

Keep in mind I want to use 2 different apps to keeps carrier vs GV separate.
    Google Voice app has been updated to include messages and call log. Have you installed the Google Voice app yet?
    12-03-2018 08:19 PM
    I heard Google hangout going to end soon..
    12-03-2018 08:46 PM
    Google Voice app has been updated to include messages and call log. Have you installed the Google Voice app yet?
    I have not.

It keeps GV separate from carrier number?
    So the sender sees the GV number when receiving a text?
    12-03-2018 10:10 PM
    I have not.

It keeps GV separate from carrier number?
    So the sender sees the GV number when receiving a text?
    The GV app uses whatever your GV number is for text. But for calls, it will route through your carrier first before calling the other person. They should still receive as from your GV number.
    12-03-2018 10:12 PM
    There's been a lot of back and forth about the Hangouts thing between the press and the Hangouts team lead from Google. My suspicion is that Hangouts users will be migrated to either Hangouts Meet/Chat, or Google will come out with a Yet Another Chat App that will pick up where Hangouts left off.
    12-04-2018 01:01 PM
    The GV app uses whatever your GV number is for text. But for calls, it will route through your carrier first before calling the other person. They should still receive as from your GV number.
    Thanks. I've been using voice app for messages and it seems to be working well.
    12-05-2018 04:17 PM