Anyone know how I can merge contacts on the phone app? I have a couple different accounts and there are duplicate contacts, and I cannot merge them or select both and then merge the way I could on my Note 8.
    12-03-2018 11:27 PM
    You need to use the Contacts app. Open it...

Select the hamburger menu (three lines in the upper-left)

Pick SUGGESTIONS

There you will see an option to merge duplicates.
    12-04-2018 01:41 AM
    I wish I had that option.

I can't upload a photo, but it isn't there. And when I do get to suggestions l, it says there is nothing to do.

One issue could be that I have multiple contacts in different accounts that are the same.
    You need to use the Contacts app. Open it...

Select the hamburger menu (three lines in the upper-left)

Pick SUGGESTIONS

There you will see an option to merge duplicates.
    12-04-2018 01:52 AM
    Anyone know how I can merge contacts on the phone app?
    There are a bazillion apps in the Google Play Store to do just that.
    12-04-2018 03:17 AM
    There are a bazillion apps in the Google Play Store to do just that.
    Actually I discovered the day that's available if you open the contacts app under suggestions.

Edit:. I see someone already mentioned it.
    12-04-2018 06:14 AM
    Edit:. I see someone already mentioned it.
    And as you can see for some of us merging duplicate contacts is not an option.
    In my case perhaps there aren't any, but the OP assures us that's not the case.
    12-04-2018 01:11 PM
    In my case perhaps there aren't any, but the OP assures us that's not the case. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e8509e8eac.jpg
    I believe that's because if you don't have any duplicate it won't ask to merge
    12-04-2018 01:24 PM
    In my case perhaps there aren't any, but the OP assures us that's not the case.
    I got what you got. I know I have no duplicates. MAYBE, the OP had contacts that appeared to be duplicates,but had one little thing different so they didn't appeer as duplicates to the phone. Just a guess/thought
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-04-2018 01:28 PM
    I got what you got. I know I have no duplicates. MAYBE, the OP had contacts that appeared to be duplicates,but had one little thing different so they didn't appeer as duplicates to the phone. Just a guess/thought
    Yeah I had duplicate contacts and merge them , after that showed the screen like above
    12-04-2018 01:36 PM
    Yeah I had duplicate contacts and merge them , after that showed the screen like above
    We have spoken - the rest should listen.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-04-2018 01:37 PM
    We have spoken - the rest should listen.
    Lol..
    billchat likes this.
    12-04-2018 01:40 PM
    Anyone know how I can merge contacts on the phone app? I have a couple different accounts and there are duplicate contacts, and I cannot merge them or select both and then merge the way I could on my Note 8.
    I had an issue recently where despite knowing my gmail contacts had no duplicates, I was getting duplicates of several contacts when composing new emails or texts. Turns out it was because I had multiple apps set to sync contacts between the phone and cloud - whatsapp, duo, facebook messenger, etc. Many of the apps had e-mail address or cell phone numbers stored for the same contact, so all would show up as options when composing a new message. I went in and turned off sync for all ancillary apps and made it so only gmail was syncing contacts, and problem solved (for me, YMMV).
    billchat likes this.
    12-04-2018 01:51 PM
    In my case perhaps there aren't any, but the OP assures us that's not the case. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e8509e8eac.jpg
    I said that before I could see that it wasn't an option for the OP and I was trying to be helpful. I see the same thing you see after merging contacts so it's really hard to tell whether or not someone has contacts to merge or not .
    12-04-2018 05:16 PM
    I ended up using an app to clean it up. Thanks for the suggestion!
    12-06-2018 12:14 AM