I unpacked the Google Stand I got for half price on Black Friday.

I purposefully have my phone set to not respond to "Ok Google" except when I use the Android Auto app. This is because my house is outfitted with Google Homes and having my phone beep everytime I say to one of them is annoying.

Is it true that I must have my phone set to listen all the time in order for the phone on the stand to respond to my OK google? The stand doesn't invoke this only when it's on the stand?

I think this is the case but I'm not exactly sure at this point.

(side note: it reverts back to always listening on its own every week anyway - maybe I should just give in)
    12-04-2018 12:37 AM
    Do you want it to listen while its on the stand? If not, then just dont lock your phone when you put it on the stand. It wont go into listening mode.
    12-04-2018 08:01 AM
    Where'd you get a Pixel stand for half price on black Friday? Sorry for the tangent...
    12-04-2018 10:43 AM
    Where'd you get a Pixel stand for half price on black Friday? Sorry for the tangetn...
    Best Buy had deals on the Stand - just checked - all gone.
    12-04-2018 11:14 AM
    Best Buy had deals on the Stand - just checked - all gone.
    Just to add a fun fact - It was sold out by the evening but I wanted to go to Best Buy to check out the two colors of the P3. While I was there, I glanced down and on the shelf below the Pixel display was one lonely Pixel Stand. Luck.
    billchat likes this.
    12-04-2018 02:06 PM
    Do you want it to listen while its on the stand? If not, then just dont lock your phone when you put it on the stand. It wont go into listening mode.
    I want it to listen only when in it's in the stand. It seems to me that I have to have my phone listen all the time if I want it to listen in the stand... which sucks. Maybe I'm missing a setting? I just want it to go into listening mode when I put it in the stand.

That seems like a fair request, even an expected one.
    12-04-2018 02:07 PM