Has anyone had luck retraining it?

My adaptive brightness was great, the. For like a week or so I needed my screen brighter, doing some work and things.. And now I can't get it to remember that it's Too bright now. Haha it's been like three weeks of me lowering the brightness.
    12-06-2018 02:21 PM
    There's no way right now, but go to Settings and look for feedback and send them a request for a Reset button. (It goes to the software people.) Maybe we'll see it in a future update.
    12-06-2018 02:48 PM
    Dang, thanks for the info.
    There's no way right now, but go to Settings and look for feedback and send them a request for a Reset button. (It goes to the software people.) Maybe we'll see it in a future update.
    12-06-2018 03:06 PM
    Dang, thanks for the info.
    Personally I say stay with the adjusting. That system should revert back to what you think is best in different environments.
    12-07-2018 12:58 AM
    Personally I say stay with the adjusting. That system should revert back to what you think is best in different environments.
    Its been nearly three weeks
    12-07-2018 02:09 AM
    Its been nearly three weeks
    That's why I haven't messed with mine since the upgrade to Pie..... it was working great and I didn't want to mess things up :O

One thing I have noticed is that in some lighting conditions, mostly lower lighting, my pixel goes between brighter and darker continuously.... like it can't make it's mind up. It only seems to do it in mixed lighting.... like shadows. It's fine if the lighting is evenly darker or lighter. I'm not sure if it's a Pie thing or phone thing.
    12-07-2018 04:34 AM
    Factory reset.
    12-07-2018 01:39 PM
    That's why I haven't messed with mine since the upgrade to Pie..... it was working great and I didn't want to mess things up :O

One thing I have noticed is that in some lighting conditions, mostly lower lighting, my pixel goes between brighter and darker continuously.... like it can't make it's mind up. It only seems to do it in mixed lighting.... like shadows. It's fine if the lighting is evenly darker or lighter. I'm not sure if it's a Pie thing or phone thing.
    I've experienced the same. I think the sensor for the ambient light is very reactive to where it's pointed. It sees the shadows and dims, sees the light source and increases.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    12-08-2018 08:14 AM
    I've experienced the same. I think the sensor for the ambient light is very reactive to where it's pointed. It sees the shadows and dims, sees the light source and increases.
    Actually that makes perfect sense.....if I aim it more towards a dark or light area it stops. I've learned to angle the phone accordingly ;-)

The things we do for our pixels lol. Actually my last phone did it too.... it just wasn't quite as noticeable.
    12-09-2018 03:29 AM
    Too much work haha
    Factory reset.
    Yesterday 06:33 PM