Reverse images using selfie

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Now this is a strange one. When taking a selfie and using the playground mode, the image is reversed. I spent over an hour with technical support, they could not fix it, and they're sending me a replacement phone. Has anyone seen this problem before? I know that the image is reversed, because the writing on my shirt is reversed.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That's normal as far as I know but I hope they change it. Actually some devices take their selfies like that and some devices allow you to chose normal camera view.

I don't know the logic behind the regular selfie having a normal view. It seems to be flip it after taking the shot.

There are apps that allow you to flip the image.

Last edited:

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
However, this reverse (mirror) image only occurs while using Playground. Otherwise, I am able take a normal picture.
That's normal as far as I know. Actually some devices take their selfies like that and some devices allow you to chose which way you view it.

I don't know the logic behind the regular selfie having a normal view. It seems to be flip it after taking the shot.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
However, this reverse (mirror) image only occurs while using Playground. Otherwise, I am able take a normal picture.

Understood....I mention that in my response. Mine behaves exactly like yours. I'm sure we'll be getting others chiming in. Hopefully they can change it.

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Well Google support think something is wrong with my phone and sending me a new one.

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
I do not disagree. I have had some most unusual conversations with them. However, the selfie feature is acting quirkily. Thus, in an an abundance of caution, I suppose, they are sending a replacement.
Honestly I wouldn't use Google support as an indicator for whether or not something is wrong.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
@Itsa_Me_Mario

Can you take a selfie in playground mode and tell us if it's normal or mirror image?

Regular selfies come out normal but selfies taken in playground mode seems to come out mirror image on the OPs phone....so do mine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1