Do you use Google Assistant on your Pixel 3?

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm posing the question for a couple of reasons. I definitely use it throughout the day. I feel that having GA native to the Pixel is at least 50% of why I prefer this brand above other devices.

So, one, I'm curious if it plays into your buying decision with the Pixel. Two, if you don't consider GA useful and something that you use frequently, is the camera what draws you to the Pixel or something else?

I guess I'm asking because GA is the very foundation of the device. Even moreso, it's the core of Google's hardware brand.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I use assistant a ton. On my Pixel when I had the 2 XL, on my Google homes (3x in the house), and even on my iPhone. I have the "Hey Siri, go to Google" workaround setup (I set the phrase as go to Google) to make it launch to assistant via voice :p.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I use assistant a ton. On my Pixel when I had the 2 XL, on my Google homes (3x in the house), and even on my iPhone. I have the "Hey Siri, go to Google" workaround setup (I set the phrase as go to Google) to make it launch to assistant via voice :p.

That's a great point. The spirit of the question really is about having GA as an intricate part of a use case. Having GA, if not the center, as a pillar I think is important with the Pixel. Some people don't use assistants and that's cool. But it's such a powerful tool, even cross platform, I wonder if some users are not taking advantage the Pixel and it's fullest potential.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I use Google assistant in all my device, it's very helpful and understand me pretty much on the first try.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Do you have a backup to your iPhone?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's a great point. The spirit of the question really is about having GA as an intricate part of a use case. Having GA, if not the center, as a pillar I think is important with the Pixel. Some people don't use assistants and that's cool. But it's such a powerful tool, even cross platform, I wonder if some users are not taking advantage the Pixel and it's fullest potential.

Oh yeah it's an intricate part for me. From schedules, remainders, lists, notes, questions, math, etc. I'd be lost without it lol.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Oh yeah it's an intricate part for me. From schedules, remainders, lists, notes, questions, math, etc. I'd be lost without it lol.

I agree. I recently grabbed a Pixelbook during the Black Friday sales and it's great having it in that device as well. Plus, I'm on the free trial for YouTube TV and I've been trying it out with my Google homes and it's been great. GA is definitely more ingrained in my day now more than ever before.

Like you, I even use it on my IPP 10.5. It's everywhere for me.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I recently grabbed a Pixelbook during the Black Friday sales and it's great having it in that device as well. Plus, I'm on the free trial for YouTube TV and I've been trying it out with my Google homes and it's been great. GA is definitely more ingrained in my day now more than ever before.

Like you, I even use it on my IPP 10.5. It's everywhere for me.

I don't need a laptop truly but been debating a Surface Pro 6. I mainly would need it for labs when out and about (going for my CCNA) .. otherwise I'd have a Google type laptop or iPad probably. That part for me would hurt to choose since I am so ingrained with Google.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I use Google assistant in all my device, it's very helpful and understand me pretty much on the first try.

We discuss and debate the merits of the Pixels a lot in this forum, as intended. When I read different posts in our community, I just sometimes wonder where on the list of priorites does GA fall for some people.

RAM, screens, mAh, et all gets discussed at nauseum. But the whole UX, of which I feel GA makes up a huge part, seems to get lost in the discussion about the Pixels.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
We discuss and debate the merits of the Pixels a lot in this forum, as intended. When I read different posts in our community, I just sometimes wonder where on the list of priorites does GA fall for some people.

RAM, screens, mAh, et all gets discussed at nauseum. But the whole UX, of which I feel GA makes up a huge part, seems to get lost in the discussion about the Pixels.

I can see ram,screens,battery,camera being more important then GA . Dont forget this AI is still new to us and just begin to start taking over phones which down the road will be equally important as the other stuff mentioned.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Not at the moment. My brain has a big problem owning two phones :x.

My gut feeling is that will change , I know you like iPhones as I do also but Andriod bug does kick in at some point and I can see you rocking a pixel again with your iPhone))

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I use it all the time. Home automation, trip planning. I even use it for random query's. The squeeze side is so much better than that damn hot word. ugh. But I use that at home, squeeze in public.

The camera is definitely another aspect as to why Pixels are so great.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I don't need a laptop truly but been debating a Surface Pro 6. I mainly would need it for labs when out and about (going for my CCNA) .. otherwise I'd have a Google type laptop or iPad probably. That part for me would hurt to choose since I am so ingrained with Google.

Damn nice on the CCNA. I was peeking at SP6, too. I really think the Slate in a couple of generations may be what I'm really looking for, but my timing was in an odd spot and my purchase decisions ended up being mainly replacements.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I can see ram,screens,battery,camera being more important then GA . Dont forget this AI is still new to us and just begin to start taking over phones which down the road will be equally important as the other stuff mentioned.

Indeed, indeed. You're quite right. As an example, I'm the only one in my family that even has home speakers. That type of computing, with Assistants at the center instead of a screen and kyboard, is still very, very new to the majority of people.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Damn nice on the CCNA. I was peeking at SP6, too. I really think the Slate in a couple of generations may be what I'm really looking for, but my timing was in an odd spot and my purchase decisions ended up being mainly replacements.

Yeah .. sorry for the slight off topic but must ask. What do you think of the SP6 deal with the keyboard for the i5 one for 799? :X

Also yeah I looked into the slate but sadly the issue is it needing the apps :(

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I use it all the time. Home automation, trip planning. I even use it for random query's. The squeeze side is so much better than that damn hot word. ugh. But I use that at home, squeeze in public.

The camera is definitely another aspect as to why Pixels are so great.

The squeeze is one feature that I laughed when I first saw it.. but then once I had it I said damn that's actually really convenient.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Yeah .. sorry for the slight off topic but must ask. What do you think of the SP6 deal with the keyboard for the i5 one for 799? :X

Also yeah I looked into the slate but sadly the issue is it needing the apps :(

I think it's great at that price point. I really like the device. The only small misstep in the design imo was the lack of USB-C. I thought for sure they would go that way since the GO went that direction.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08