New single lens king?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Probably the new software since the date is current. Very minor difference between 2 and 3.

We don't know when it was tested and we never saw scores for the Pixel 3 so at this point all we can conclude is that we don't know. In any event we are splitting hairs when we compare the top 5.

Last edited:

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Lol no. I have an iPhone XR and a Pixel 3 XL and there's no way the iPhone XR's camera is better than the Pixel 3 XL's camera.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah looks like the XR is the single lens king, unless they review the Pixel 3 and it scores higher.

Kinda funny how Google were touting Dxomark scores for the Pixel and Pixel 2, then didn't get the phone tested for the Pixel 3.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I mean my iPhone Xs Max with 2 lens can't beat my Pixel 3 XL in terms of still pics so don't think the Xr will do anything to unseat Pixel 3 XL.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah looks like the XR is the single lens king, unless they review the Pixel 3 and it scores higher.

Kinda funny how Google were touting Dxomark scores for the Pixel and Pixel 2, then didn't get the phone tested for the Pixel 3.

Maybe....maybe not

I don't think it really matters or concerns anyone to the point that they should leave one ecosystem for another. Competition is good though...keeps everyone on their toes.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
To me most of these smart phones are pretty close camera wise , some do better at low light shots or better video but during day they are all almost equal. Now if you take these phone camera's and compare them to 2012 phone that's a big difference. that's my opinion I find between my phones I have .

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Maybe....maybe not

I don't think it really matters or concerns anyone to the point that they should leave one ecosystem for another. Competition is good though...keeps everyone on their toes.
Well dxo changed the scoring system in favor of multiple lenses and unless a company is confident in topping the scoring system, using it for marketing isn't the greatest idea.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Galaxies are better at video than Pixels, but iPhones have superior picture quality, superior OIS, and superior audio compared to any other phone. Google really scr**ed the pooch on video.
Apple may have better filters, but for raw pic quality, gotta disagree. And I have both in front of me now. Maybe you need to tweak your settings on the galaxy, which goes much deeper for the user adjustable settings in cam mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2