Spotify causing Pixel Stand app to crash

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
It appears that simply having Spotify on the phone causes the Pixel Stand app to crash. Took me a while to figure why the Pixel Stand app kept crashing out but the tl:dr story is this: When I uninstall Spotify the Pixel Stand app works properly. When I reinstall Spotify - and without even opening the reinstalled Spotify app! - the Pixel Stand app crashes, giving a "Pixel Stand keeps stopping" error message. Anyone else have this problem?

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I never use spotify even though I have it installed. I try opening it while on the stand when I get home. Does it happen when its already on the stand or if its playing and then you put it on the stand?

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I never use spotify even though I have it installed. I try opening it while on the stand when I get home. Does it happen when its already on the stand or if its playing and then you put it on the stand?

It's literally just having the app installed. Like a said in the OP - I uninstalled Spotify and the PS app worked just fine. I then reinstalled Spotify and never opened it (let alone log in and use it), and the PS app crashes. There are a few Reddit threads on this Spotify / PS app issue, but otherwise nothing else relevant in Google searches.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
It's literally just having the app installed. Like a said in the OP - I uninstalled Spotify and the PS app worked just fine. I then reinstalled Spotify and never opened it (let alone log in and use it), and the PS app crashes. There are a few Reddit threads on this Spotify / PS app issue, but otherwise nothing else relevant in Google searches.

Weird, I guess I dont have this issue since Ive been using the stand when I received my phone over a month ago, and I do have the spotify app on my phone.

EDIT: Have you tried clearing the cache on both apps?

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Appears to have something to do with notifications - if I disable Spotify notifications the Pixel app behaves properly.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Welp, Pixel Stand app is crashing again, now irrespective of Spotify being installed. Put the Pixel on the stand and almost immediately it crashes, with this message on screen when waking this phone:

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 8.55.10 PM.png

It does not crash in Safe Mode, so I think I can rule out the stand as the problem. Very annoying thinking about trying to figure out what is causing the problem.

~~~

Edit to add: Went through and deleted some apps I no longer use and/or were relevant to my previous N6P but not to the Pixel (e.g. Light Manager for notification lights) and the Pixel Stand app is now working. Of course, this edit probably jinxes it...

Last edited:

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I've factory reset and have been doing a de novo setup instead of restoring all my apps and settings from my previous Nexus 6P. So far, no issues with Pixel Stand app. Whatever the issues were, they weren't solely Spotify related.

Moderators - Feel free to delete this thread.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX