Cast from Google Photos?

anon(5393595)

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
From YouTube, I can tap to Cast icon and display videos on our Samsung TV. We don't have a Chromecast dongle.

Using Google Photos, there is no casting icon. Google Home finds no devices.

How can I cast photos from Google Photos to this TV.

TIA

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
For that, you need Chromecast device (or Android TV device which contains Chromecast feature).

YouTube, and Netflix, uses a different protocol not related to Chromecast so that as long as your TV has the corresponding smart app, you can cast from the phone.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately Samsung Smart TVs don't play well with stock Android because Google removed support for Miracast in Android 6.0

Miracast is a WiFi direct connection requiring no WiFi network and mirrors the phone screen so it works with all apps. Its what Samsung, Microsoft, Amazon, and Roku use.

So you could change your phone or buy a new TV, but it would make a lot more sense to go buy a Chromecast.

lcneed

Dec 8, 2018
Visit site
You can do screen mirroring on just about any new Android phone EXCEPT Google branded phones. Samsung, LG, others all implemented their own screen mirroring on their phones but the stock Google android does not have it. :(

lcneed

Dec 8, 2018
Visit site
I download AllCast app and I could cast pictures and videos on the Pixel 3 XL to my Roku 3 connected to the TV. My TV is older and doesn't have Miracast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781