I have tried everything I could to rid the Pixel 3 of pop ups.
    These are the instructions I've found. I can't get them to work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app Chrome.
    To the right of the address bar, tap More More and then Settings.
    Under "Advanced," tap Privacy.
    Tap the feature you want to update:
    12-16-2018 10:34 AM
    It is under Site Settings instead of Privacy I think. But mine is already blocked Pop-ups and redirects but somehow I am still getting them on some sites. I don't get them when I was on my Samsung's Chrome browser, only on the Pixel 3.
    12-16-2018 11:14 AM
    These are the instructions I've found. I can't get them to work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

What kind of popups? Can you post a screenshot? Are you getting them only when using Chrome or while using a different app?
    12-16-2018 12:01 PM
    They vary. There is no common theme.
    12-16-2018 12:46 PM
    For me, it is a link on Flipboard. I read flipboard news articles daily. They are collections from different sources like LA Times, Reuters, Tech sites, etc... some link will open up the Chrome browser for the full article. But some of them will start a page pop up now in like 3 seconds. It have never done that before on my Samsung Tab E or my LG G4 chrome browser.
    12-16-2018 12:49 PM

I don't have the option to use "to the right of the address bar" it's missing. I have the latest version of Chrome. What's next.
    12-16-2018 01:59 PM
    I don't have the option to use "to the right of the address bar" it's missing. I have the latest version of Chrome. What's next.
    Well it is hard for anyone to really help. Just saying "a pop up" with no examples, screenshots, or anything makes it pretty impossible for anyone who isn't standing next to you to realize what you are talking about.
    12-16-2018 08:17 PM
    You'll need to further describe what pop ups you're getting, when you're getting them, what they say, what they look like etc.
    12-17-2018 07:25 AM
    I have 2 pop ups, but I don't know how to attach them. Please help me out. They both arrived at the same timehttps://photos.app.goo.gl/KQRcv8AoC2CotPzr7.
    12-17-2018 08:45 AM
    They vary. There is no common theme.
    Well, those ads could be pushed by an app that you downloaded or a page that you opened in Chrome. If you don't answer our questions and give us more details it'll be impossible to help you out.
    12-17-2018 08:46 AM
    I have 2 pop ups, but I don't know how to attach them. Please help me out. They both arrived at the same timehttps://photos.app.goo.gl/KQRcv8AoC2CotPzr7.
    I'll post them for you.
    How can I get rid of pop-up ads on my Pixel 3 XL-screenshot_20181217-105201.jpegHow can I get rid of pop-up ads on my Pixel 3 XL-screenshot_20181217-105142.jpeg
    12-17-2018 08:52 AM
    Most likely they are caused by an app that you downloaded. The usual culprits are cleaners, memory boosters, antivirus, free games, flashlights, photo editors, etc. See this guide.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=901497

In my experience using the Developer Options is the easiest way to find the culprit.
    12-17-2018 08:56 AM
    That is some app you installed causing that.
    12-17-2018 09:02 AM
    Most likely they are caused by an app that you downloaded. The usual culprits are cleaners, memory boosters, antivirus, free games, flashlights, photo editors, etc. See this guide.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=901497

In my experience using the Developer Options is the easiest way to find the culprit.
    These pop-ups are now creating problems by getting in the way of trying to open links and other functions. I did not install any apps that would make this happen. Is there anything else I can do to fix this or is a reset my only option. Thanks for hanging in there.
    12-17-2018 09:59 AM
    These pop-ups are now creating problems by getting in the way of trying to open links and other functions. I did not install any apps that would make this happen. Is there anything else I can do to fix this or is a reset my only option. Thanks for hanging in there.
    You need to identify which app is causing them. That guide can help you, I'd start with the recent apps overview and then try the Developer Options. It can be a bit tedious but there's not much else you can do short of uninstalling apps one by one.

You can take screenshots of the recent apps and running services and post them here, so we can take a look.
    12-17-2018 10:06 AM
    The screenshots are in this thread. I can't find the developer options. I don't have any strange new apps Installed. They were all installed on my old Samsung galaxy s5. Thanks again for your patience.
    12-17-2018 10:16 AM
    The screenshots are in this thread. I can't find the developer options. I don't have any strange new apps Installed. They were all installed on my old Samsung galaxy s5. Thanks again for your patience.
    You don't need to have new apps, these ads could have started after an old one was updated from the Play Store, for example.

Please, read that guide that I linked above, there you can find the instructions for troubleshooting this issue.
    12-17-2018 10:20 AM
    The screenshots are in this thread.
    Those are the pop ups, I was asking for the recent apps overview and the running services. In most cases the culprit leaves a record in there so we can identify it.
    12-17-2018 10:26 AM
    Might not be new apps but some app is causing that. That isn't the phone.
    12-17-2018 10:32 AM
    Good news, I think. I've not seen any screens being interrupted from pop-ups for the past few hours . I hope the problem is resolved. Thanks to all of you for your help
    Javier P likes this.
    12-17-2018 11:40 AM
    Good news, I think. I've not seen any screens being interrupted from pop-ups for the past few hours . I hope the problem is resolved. Thanks to all of you for your help
    Good news. Did you change anything? Keep us posted.
    12-17-2018 12:11 PM
    I uninstalled an app FILES that I was trying out. Still no problems with pop-ups.
    Boogr likes this.
    12-17-2018 04:10 PM
    While the ambient display uses minimal power, screensavers are much more hungry. That's why they can only be enabled "While charging" (note: "While docked" refers to a charging dock)
    I had 2 repeated reminders from my old Samsung that came to the Pixel 3. They show up on my screen saver (clock). I don't know how to or modify the reminder. I have checked everything I know. The only thing I found was to use the calendar app but I don't want to clutter up the app. Help.
    12-18-2018 05:53 PM

First thing to do: clear your chrome cache.
    Then, uninstall/disable chrome and install another browser.

I'm using Firefox Focus.
    12-31-2018 01:56 AM
    First thing to do: clear your chrome cache.
    Then, uninstall/disable chrome and install another browser.

I'm using Firefox Focus.
    First thing to do might be to read the thread, before giving an answer
    It seems that the solution was to find and uninstall the correct app that caused the problem.
    12-31-2018 02:20 AM