Google weather in notification bar?

J5ive05

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
So my wife has my older Pixel XL. When she pulls down the notification bar to see all her notifications she has an item that says Google weather with the temp etc. I don't have this on my pixel 3 xl. Both phones on Verizon. I feel like I've gone through every setting on my phone and can't find a way to enable it. She has no idea how she got it to display on her Pixel. Anyone know??

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Weather updates only come in a few times a day. Maybe you just need to wait a little?

The display in notification bar has always been temperamental in the past for me. It comes and goes with its own mind.
Also, as discussed in another thread, Google Weather itself isn't a very reliable resource. You may or maynot be able to connect to Google weather server depending on where you are and which network you connect through, e.g. Cell or Wifi.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Weather updates only come in a few times a day. Maybe you just need to wait a little?

The display in notification bar has always been temperamental in the past for me. It comes and goes with its own mind.
Also, as discussed in another thread, Google Weather itself isn't a very reliable resource. You may or maynot be able to connect to Google weather server depending on where you are and which network you connect through, e.g. Cell or Wifi.

Yeah mine shows every 2 or 3 hours in my notification panel

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Dang if your attempt at throwing shade at iPhone users is digging up an iPhone 4S commercial .. wow .. talk about digging lol :p

It was relevant to the weather topic and it's an all-time classic! While the hardware in hand may have changed over the years, the contempt Apple shows here for its user's intelligence is timeless.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It was relevant to the weather topic and it's an all-time classic! While the hardware in hand may have changed over the years, the contempt Apple shows here for its user's intelligence is timeless.

I mean .. if your evidence of that is an iPhone 4S commercial from 2011.. more power to ya :p.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995