I can't seem to retrain the voice model.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well - so much for my brilliant thought of the day. Deleting the other voice information from my 'other device' - Nexus 7 - didn't work.

In fact, I can't toggle on, the 'Access with Voice Match' on either device. So I'm sol, until Google figures something out.

After digging through many many menus, I think there's an over abundance of settings, some of which lead to the other and frankly make it overly confusing. It's almost 'make work' for the sake of keeping themselves employed. Far more complicated than it needs to be in my opinion.
Lol...I agree
They need to simplify it

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Well - so much for my brilliant thought of the day. Deleting the other voice information from my 'other device' - Nexus 7 - didn't work.

In fact, I can't toggle on, the 'Access with Voice Match' on either device. So I'm sol, until Google figures something out.

After digging through many many menus, I think there's an over abundance of settings, some of which lead to the other and frankly make it overly confusing. It's almost 'make work' for the sake of keeping themselves employed. Far more complicated than it needs to be in my opinion.

Welcome to Android :-(

As much as I like pixels and the stock Android experience, they've really lost their way with making the settings intuitive and easy to work with. Android settings are a redundant, painful to navigate mess.

Marc999

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android :-(

As much as I like pixels and the stock Android experience, they've really lost their way with making the settings intuitive and easy to work with. Android settings are a redundant, painful to navigate mess.

Well said about redundant settings. Do I click on this, or that, oh how about over there, that looks good? It's enough to pull out my remaining hair.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site

It's seriously starting to get out of control. They need to edit in an upcoming addition of the OS. Make some features just standard and that's it. Settings menu on home screen, Settings menu in Assistant, Settings menu for the phone and more. All with a litany of subs.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's seriously starting to get out of control. They need to edit in an upcoming addition of the OS. Make some features just standard and that's it. Settings menu on home screen, Settings menu in Assistant, Settings menu for the phone and more. All with a litany of subs.
I agree !

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I agree !

How do you deal with it going forward? My thoughts are each OEM has GOT to emphasize what makes their UL different. I believe there are enough choices for feature sets, that the base OS doesn't need to continue to tack on the menus.

I don't know ... I mean, I am deep advocate of choice, but trying to accommodate everybody just ends up being fragments of features instead of "fewer, deeper".

Like AOD.. it makes sense to have a scheduler on that feature in the native system, yet it's neglected. Neglected because lack of focus on the UI, IMO. I just don't want to go down this rabbit hole of trying to touch every little thing ..

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
How do you deal with it going forward? My thoughts are each OEM has GOT to emphasize what makes their UL different. I believe there are enough choices for feature sets, that the base OS doesn't need to continue to tack on the menus.

I don't know ... I mean, I am deep advocate of choice, but trying to accommodate everybody just ends up being fragments of features instead of "fewer, deeper".

Like AOD.. it makes sense to have a scheduler on that feature in the native system, yet it's neglected. Neglected because lack of focus on the UI, IMO. I just don't want to go down this rabbit hole of trying to touch every little thing ..
Usually Google was pretty good with menus and sub menu , dont know what happened but the definitely need to clean that up especially with the assistant and other is how you access your account and history.

AOD they definitely need to step this up , yes its awesome they have it , but make it so users can personalize it.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Make some features just standard and that's it. Settings menu on home screen, Settings menu in Assistant, Settings menu for the phone and more. All with a litany of subs.
Oh, you mean they should make it like iOS, with just one Settings menu and all the individual settings there?

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Oh, you mean they should make it like iOS, with just one Settings menu and all the individual settings there?

I would hate to have to see things go that far... But they can't continue in this current direction either.

Perhaps move more things towards AI/ML automation like the adaptive functions are presently or run them through Assistant once there's more on device processing. Whatever needs to be done...

Last edited:

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

I'm hoping our feedback here trickles up to Google...... I've heard they keep an eye on trending things in the more mainstream forums like Android Central. Android has come a long way and has so much potential, I hope they take it in the right direction ;-)

S Crews

Jun 30, 2019
Visit site
Not sure if anyone still needs help with this but after 2 hours I got mine working again.

I had to reset phone, reinstall everything, and change the lock settings for my phone. I have an LG Fiesta 2 and it has Smart Lock so I can use my voice to unlock the phone but it only works by utilizing the voice recording google has. Once I reactivated that I was able to use it again. If your phone has a Smart Lock ability, give it a try.
Maybe one day Google will give us the option to see what we recorded the voice model on and allow us to delete it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084