I dropped my phone in the toilet.

Lefank

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
So I was cleaning the bathroom and literally picked my phone up and dropped it in the toilet and submerged it in water. I pulled it out and made a phone call and noticed the top speaker was Fuzzy and I could not hear anything. So I turn the phone upside down and let it sit for a while and then tried it again an hour later and it was a little better. Then I turned on some music at full blast and it shook the rest of the water out and the phone is now perfectly fine. Lucky for me the toilet was clean LOL.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
So I was cleaning the bathroom and literally picked my phone up and dropped it in the toilet and submerged it in water. I pulled it out and made a phone call and noticed the top speaker was Fuzzy and I could not hear anything. So I turn the phone upside down and let it sit for a while and then tried it again an hour later and it was a little better. Then I turned on some music at full blast and it shook the rest of the water out and the phone is now perfectly fine. Lucky for me the toilet was clean LOL.
OMG that sucks, but at the same time fortunate. Btw yeah I heard when you drop your phone in water it can take up to a day or 2 before all the water dries off the speaker grill.

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully the fact that you immediately tried to power it on doesn't cause problems down the line. It would've been better to leave it off and follow this guide first before trying to turn it on again: https://forums.androidcentral.com/a...-tos/477140-guide-oh-no-my-phone-got-wet.html

First thing is don't panic . The Pixel3 and 3xl are IP68 certified. They can be submerge in 6ft of water supposedly. As for the link you provided I don't think I would try to take the battery out on my 3xl. Think I'll just try and shack the water out of the speakers as best I can and keep on Pixeling. I'm not going to submerge my phone on purpose but I'm also not going to panic if it gets wet . Not like I would have with any of my Moto phones .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The guide recommends removing the battery only if it's user-removable, of course. IP68 means the phone is fairly water-resistant, but no phone is guaranteed to be waterproof. Hopefully, it pulls through just fine.:)

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Also if your phone messed up bc you dropped it in the toilet bc it has an ip68 rating doesn't that make it be covered by factory warranty?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No. IP ratings have nothing to do with warranty. This comes up with Samsung phones all the time. There's actually specific wording in Samsung manuals warning that water damage may still occur despite the IP rating, and it's been clear that the warranty doesn't cover water damage. IP ratings are based on very specific test conditions, and real life is often different (i.e., seawater instead of fresh water, water under pressure instead of simply submerged in a shallow container, etc.).

ken2ts

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I HAVE! Funny enough, it was the day before I got my Note 9 in the mail. So I just sanitized the S8, made sure it worked - and turned it in to T-Mobile :p

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I have dropped multiple phones in toilets over the years. Never had any one of them die. I remember when my BB Bold9000 fell in, and I loved that phone. Did an immediate battery pull and hair dryer. Worked 10 minutes later.

I think if you catch it fast enough, any phone is safe with a quick dunk.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I've known two people who put their phones in the toilet and both were carrying their phone in the back pocket of their tight jeans.

JimmieCD

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Dropped my phone in a glass of ice tea. Phone slid off Toyota console right into glass of ice tea which was in cup-holder. One in a million shot. It was an older flip phone so that was the end of that phone

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Dropped my phone in a glass of ice tea. Phone slid off Toyota console right into glass of ice tea which was in cup-holder. One in a million shot. It was an older flip phone so that was the end of that phone

Lol..you should play the lottery))

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress