Made by Google profit estimated at $3B for 2018

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Haha... I tell ya what, you definitely provide us with balance in the Pixel forums.:p
Well, I mean people couldn't seriously think that the majority of the profit were made by the Pixel phones, surely. Or at least I hope that's not what people think.

Google's hardware business is doing well from speakers & Chromecast.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnko...-amazon-for-smart-speaker-crown/#70eaa5e6508c

Again, I wouldn't be surprised if Google were losing money on the Pixel, but are able to recoup the losses from the gains in their speakers/Cast/Nest etc.

Maybe that'll change in the future and the Pixel line of devices become huge profit drivers, but as of right now, this ain't it, chief.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Well, I mean people couldn't seriously think that the majority of the profit were made by the Pixel phones, surely. Or at least I hope that's not what people think.

Google's hardware business is doing well from speakers & Chromecast.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnko...-amazon-for-smart-speaker-crown/#70eaa5e6508c

Again, I wouldn't be surprised if Google were losing money on the Pixel, but are able to recoup the losses from the gains in their speakers/Cast/Nest etc.

Maybe that'll change in the future and the Pixel line of devices become huge profit drivers, but as of right now, this ain't it, chief.

Ha! Well, we don't have any definitive numbers since Google doesn't release them. But, I'm willing to entertain a RBC analyst and their estimates for the time being..

Last edited:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I like to see what Google pixel sales figures are alone.
Yes I would think home speaker doing well.
by just going by the estimate in 2016 1.2 billion revenue and 2 million pixel sold
2017 2.4 billion revenue and 4 million pixel sold
in 2018 3.4 revenue will be around 4.5 to 5 million. now its 4.5-5 million because all devices are expensive now. this is just a guess work so take it with grain of salt.
now if you think about it samsung sells millions of devices(low end budget and high end) and makes 1.9 billion in profit in a quater. so pixel is now approx making 1/4th of profit by just selling high end and less number

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
by just going by the estimate in 2016 1.2 billion revenue and 2 million pixel sold
2017 2.4 billion revenue and 4 million pixel sold
in 2018 3.4 revenue will be around 4.5 to 5 million. now its 4.5-5 million because all devices are expensive now. this is just a guess work so take it with grain of salt.
now if you think about it samsung sells millions of devices(low end budget and high end) and makes 1.9 billion in profit in a quater. so pixel is now approx making 1/4th of profit by just selling high end and less number

That's a good guess.
I think the other thing besides price of the phones which was almost same as 2017 is not being on every carrier hurts.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech