01-01-2019 04:56 AM
30 12
tools
    Just an estimation, but worth a conversation here.

"In terms of revenue (before expenses have been deducted), the Pixel — including the Pixelbook — and Home are fairly neck-in-neck at $3.42 and $3.39 billion, respectively"

https://9to5google.com/2018/12/24/ma...2018-estimate/

I think the home speakers are probably doing really well, this season especially.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-24-2018 05:25 PM
    Just an estimation, but worth a conversation here.

"In terms of revenue (before expenses have been deducted), the Pixel — including the Pixelbook — and Home are fairly neck-in-neck at $3.42 and $3.39 billion, respectively"

https://9to5google.com/2018/12/24/ma...2018-estimate/

I think the home speakers are probably doing really well, this season especially.
    I like to see what Google pixel sales figures are alone.
    Yes I would think home speaker doing well.
    anon(10092459) likes this.
    12-24-2018 07:28 PM
    Me too! I'm thinking "All HArdware" will have to be the first line item once it's big enough to break out and account for in 2-3 years. Then hopefully, after a couple of years more, they'll break the phones out as a stand alone line item.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-24-2018 08:04 PM
    Me too! I'm thinking "All HArdware" will have to be the first line item once it's big enough to break out and account for in 2-3 years. Then hopefully, after a couple of years more, they'll break the phones out as a stand alone line item.
    Yeah definitely agree.
    12-24-2018 08:10 PM
    With all the promotions and ads I expect it to be way better than Pixel 2 but probably still tiny in numbers compared to Samsung and Apple in terms of volume. Their next step should be to get on other carriers so that they can increase even more and may be over the next few years get to a decent number in terms of sales. But still it's hard to imagine them gaining significant market share in terms of numbers and sales.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-25-2018 08:24 AM
    With all the promotions and ads I expect it to be way better than Pixel 2 but probably still tiny in numbers compared to Samsung and Apple in terms of volume. Their next step should be to get on other carriers so that they can increase even more and may be over the next few years get to a decent number in terms of sales. But still it's hard to imagine them gaining significant market share in terms of numbers and sales.
    Agree with this to a point - they might want to get their Customer Service act in a little better shape as far as delivering product and servicing customers.

Also, they might want to stay hooked up with only Verizon since I believe Verizon is the largest and best cell service in the US.
    Maybe there is some "joint venture" planned for the future.

The fact Google Fi doesn't use Verizon, yet Verizon is the only one selling the Pixels, confuses me a little.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-25-2018 08:59 AM
    All in all, not a bad profit posting.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-25-2018 09:32 AM
    The fact Google Fi doesn't use Verizon, yet Verizon is the only one selling the Pixels, confuses me a little.
    I would guess Google went to them first, but the money changing hands probably broke the deal. Not trying to make Verizon sound like the bad guys, but I would guess they wanted too much cash for Google to get the pricing structure they wanted.
    12-25-2018 09:34 AM
    I would guess Google went to them first, but the money changing hands probably broke the deal. Not trying to make Verizon sound like the bad guys, but I would guess they wanted too much cash for Google to get the pricing structure they wanted.
    I'm sure it all revolves around money. Google and Verizon are in business to make money, they are not bad guys.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-25-2018 09:37 AM
    I definitely agree, need to get on board with other carriers.
    12-25-2018 09:38 AM
    Agree with this to a point - they might want to get their Customer Service act in a little better shape as far as delivering product and servicing customers.

Also, they might want to stay hooked up with only Verizon since I believe Verizon is the largest and best cell service in the US.
    Maybe there is some "joint venture" planned for the future.

So far their customer service been awesome for me , hop it stays that way.
    12-25-2018 09:39 AM
    So far their customer service been awesome for me , hop it stays that way.
    I have noticed a decline in CS since the Pixel 1, with both Google Store and Fi - maybe they just don't like me as much as they like you.
    12-25-2018 11:40 AM
    I just converted my home to smart home with Google Home/Assistant as my hub. It's pretty much the best setup one can expect and no doubt Google is selling these as hot cakes. This combined with my Pixel, it's a treat to use!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-25-2018 11:55 AM
    I have noticed a decline in CS since the Pixel 1, with both Google Store and Fi - maybe they just don't like me as much as they like you.
    I guess it's a draw of the luck with who you get in customer service these days .
    anon(10274434) likes this.
    12-25-2018 11:55 AM
    I guess it's a draw of the luck with who you get in customer service these days .
    And not just with Google/Fi, I think all companies.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-25-2018 12:35 PM
    And not just with Google/Fi, I think all companies.
    Definitely I agree on that ..
    anon(10274434) likes this.
    12-25-2018 12:56 PM
    It has to be you. They replaced my phone 5 rimes without complaining. (I hadn't returned any of them yet when the first one started behaving, so they ot 4 phones back. No complaint from them. And they paid shipping both ways for each one - I saved them a little by taping 2 boxes together [taping all 4 would have increased the weight and cost even more].)
    12-25-2018 01:23 PM
    It has to be you. They replaced my phone 5 rimes without complaining. (I hadn't returned any of them yet when the first one started behaving, so they ot 4 phones back. No complaint from them. And they paid shipping both ways for each one - I saved them a little by taping 2 boxes together [taping all 4 would have increased the weight and cost even more].)
    It usually is........
    12-25-2018 01:28 PM
    I think what I'm looking for is growth and strength from the hardware division. Google definitely needs to diversify it's revenue stream like all companies and if they can get harware up around 20%-30% in the next few years, I think tha's about where they can get steady. That and the cloud division needs to advance. AWS and Azure are just getting it done there in a big way right now.
    12-25-2018 04:13 PM
    No doubt the speakers & Chromecast would be the devices making all the money.

Doubt the Pixel line is making a dent, and I wouldn't be surprised if it were losing money.
    12-25-2018 05:43 PM

Doubt the Pixel line is making a dent, and I wouldn't be surprised if it were losing money.
    Gloom and Doom
    12-25-2018 06:15 PM

Haha... I tell ya what, you definitely provide us with balance in the Pixel forums.
    12-25-2018 07:32 PM
    Haha... I tell ya what, you definitely provide us with balance in the Pixel forums.
    Well, I mean people couldn't seriously think that the majority of the profit were made by the Pixel phones, surely. Or at least I hope that's not what people think.

Google's hardware business is doing well from speakers & Chromecast.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkoe.../#70eaa5e6508c

Again, I wouldn't be surprised if Google were losing money on the Pixel, but are able to recoup the losses from the gains in their speakers/Cast/Nest etc.

Maybe that'll change in the future and the Pixel line of devices become huge profit drivers, but as of right now, this ain't it, chief.
    12-25-2018 08:25 PM
    Well, I mean people couldn't seriously think that the majority of the profit were made by the Pixel phones, surely. Or at least I hope that's not what people think.

Google's hardware business is doing well from speakers & Chromecast.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkoe.../#70eaa5e6508c

Again, I wouldn't be surprised if Google were losing money on the Pixel, but are able to recoup the losses from the gains in their speakers/Cast/Nest etc.

Maybe that'll change in the future and the Pixel line of devices become huge profit drivers, but as of right now, this ain't it, chief.
    Ha! Well, we don't have any definitive numbers since Google doesn't release them. But, I'm willing to entertain a RBC analyst and their estimates for the time being..
    12-25-2018 09:03 PM
    by just going by the estimate in 2016 1.2 billion revenue and 2 million pixel sold
    2017 2.4 billion revenue and 4 million pixel sold
    in 2018 3.4 revenue will be around 4.5 to 5 million. now its 4.5-5 million because all devices are expensive now. this is just a guess work so take it with grain of salt.
    now if you think about it samsung sells millions of devices(low end budget and high end) and makes 1.9 billion in profit in a quater. so pixel is now approx making 1/4th of profit by just selling high end and less number
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-29-2018 11:45 PM
30 12