Green screen/flashing

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
Good heavens ... that looks awful! That looks like half of the screen went wonky ... but the icons are still showing through the green?? I sure hope someone here knows what is going on, then again, you will probably be on the phone to Google tomorrow first thing, won't you?!?!

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Good heavens ... that looks awful! That looks like half of the screen went wonky ... but the icons are still showing through the green?? I sure hope someone here knows what is going on, then again, you will probably be on the phone to Google tomorrow first thing, won't you?!?!

Yeah, it's difficult to use and incredibly bright. Chat support is working today, which is surprising. They are getting me a replacement.

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
Great!! I've only heard positive things about Google Support Services, but I sure hope I don't have to use them ... Merry Christmas!

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Sadly, I've had to have every Pixel device I've purchased replaced at some point. Google support has been amazing but I think this is going to be my last.

GrumGrum

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Did you just enable developer options?

It happened to me when I did, I had to disable the upgrade screen option it shows up as green when that part of the screen updates.

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Did you just enable developer options?

It happened to me when I did, I had to disable the upgrade screen option it shows up as green when that part of the screen updates.

Developer options have been enabled since I got the phone in November, and that was only to adjust the animation transitions.

What is the "upgrade screen" option? I don't see that anywhere in developer settings.

One thing I did notice was that the phone felt warm at the time. Not hot, but like I had been holding it for a while (I had been using it when the screen started acting up). No issues so far this morning but I haven't used it much either. Definitely feels cooler. Maybe it was some thermal expansion causing issues.

Last edited:

GrumGrum

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I think this was it, mine kept flashing green or staying green in areas when updated. Which was on from the go though for some strange reason.
61cc253a6516323c184ca7390128407c.jpg

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, mine was off. I enabled it to see what it does. It was the same shade of green but not the experience I was seeing. It became more flashing as the evening went, like looking into a green strobe light.

mbxx

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I'm in the same boat till yesterday. It's very annoying after I have changed three times before because the built quality has been terrible and the pink screen. Now it has been perfect till yesterday.
My question is, is the flashing still there? Or did you replace your Pixel 3.
(Pixel 3, 128GB)

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I'm in the same boat till yesterday. It's very annoying after I have changed three times before because the built quality has been terrible and the pink screen. Now it has been perfect till yesterday.
My question is, is the flashing still there? Or did you replace your Pixel 3.
(Pixel 3, 128GB)

I got a replacement under warranty. We'll see how this one works out.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
ok I got this also today not all the time and only pulling notification shade down.
my thinking is I enabled live wallpaper name voyage to try help another member and didn't delete to my normal wallpaper until now . I think it has something to do with this and going try a reboot and see if happens again.

Exit : mine went away after reboot

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
ok I got this also today not all the time and only pulling notification shade down.
my thinking is I enabled live wallpaper name voyage to try help another member and didn't delete to my normal wallpaper until now . I think it has something to do with this and going try a reboot and see if happens again.

That would be wild if that's the solution

tunisianbird

Nov 3, 2017
Visit site
I have the exact same Problem too since 2 hours ago. I noticed when it's not flickering you can see a green Line in the middle of the display.

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site

Mine went away for a bit after a reboot. I have a black background on my screen and it was happening at all times, not just the notification shade. It seemed more like a hardware issue as it happened during the boot screen as well.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Mine went away for a bit after a reboot. I have a black background on my screen and it was happening at all times, not just the notification shade. It seemed more like a hardware issue as it happened during the boot screen as well.

Yeah yours probably different problem then mine , I tried to make it happen again but nothing so far.

OneLoneKnight

Jan 23, 2019
Visit site
Yes, the same problem with my 2 weeks old Pixel 3. It's now the 2nd time for ~60-90 minutes... Looks like a Chrome Browser Cache Memory problem?! I shut down the device and after minutes the problem has been solved. I have contacted today my local dealer and we will wait for the next System Update...

Please check:

Open the Chrome App and stream audio via bandcamp.com ~10-15 minutes for free. After the time close the Browser app... I can surf hours via the Chrome App without any problems but audio streaming for minutes and closing the Browser makes trouble on my device.

Cheers
Simon

OneLoneKnight

Jan 23, 2019
Visit site
Yes, the same problem with my 2 weeks old Pixel 3. It's now the 2nd time for ~60-90 minutes... Looks like a Chrome Browser Cache Memory problem?! I shut down the device and after minutes the problem has been solved. I have contacted today my local dealer and we will wait for the next System Update...

Please check:

Open the Chrome App and stream audio via bandcamp.com ~10-15 minutes for free. After the time close the Browser app... I can surf hours via the Chrome App without any problems but audio streaming for minutes and closing the Browser makes trouble on my device.

Cheers
Simon

Replaced yesterday my Pixel 3 after only ~3 weeks at my local dealer store. The Google phone makes not only trouble streaming audio via Chrome... Bandcamp. Same bug with the Twitter app after ~10-15 minutes loading video data in the background?! I still think it's a Memory problem.

Cheers
Simon

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user