How do I change a font setting on the Pixel 3?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Currently running Android 9 on a Pixel 3. I am frustrated with being able to figure out how to change a font display setting that seems to be pervasive across apps throughout the Android system. There are instances where content appears in letters and numbers that are simply outlined but not filled completely. I have a visual impairment so this is often difficult to read. How do I change a setting in Android 9 so that this content appears in the same manner as all other content across my apps and within Android?

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you looked at Settings > Accessibility > Display

There are settings for Font Size, etc. There's a nice magnification feature that could also be handy.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Pixel don't have that option , Samsung does ...

Really? With a Samsung you can actually go in and change the font types used in apps and websites, regardless of what fonts authors originally designated? Are you sure that doesn't apply to just font sizes as does Pixel?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Really? With a Samsung you can actually go in and change the font types used in apps and websites, regardless of what fonts authors originally designated? Are you sure that doesn't apply to just font sizes as does Pixel?

This screen shot from my note

Attachments

• 1384.jpg
    1384.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 129

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure that isn't just for changing Samsung's own built in app fonts and for changing the fonts on Samsung's alterations of the Google operating system fonts?

For what I know about Internet programming, it wouldn't be possible to change the fonts of an existing app or a web page other than making the entire font set larger or smaller.

Show me a screen capture of amazon.com and then show me a screen capture of the same Amazon web page where you've changed the Amazon font to one of your choices, say, "Cool Jazz".

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Are you sure that isn't just for changing Samsung's own built in app fonts and for changing the fonts on Samsung's alterations of the Google operating system fonts?

For what I know about Internet programming, it wouldn't be possible to change the fonts of an existing app or a web page other than making the entire font set larger or smaller.

Show me a screen capture of amazon.com and then show me a screen capture of the same Amazon web page where you've changed the Amazon font to one of your choices, say, "Cool Jazz".

Here some examples

Attachments

• 1391.jpg
    1391.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 114

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Every single example you used showed either an operating system font or a Google or Samsung app font. You didn't show me changing the font of a web site or sports app like the OP was asking for. It looked like he was showing us a sports web page.

Show me changing the font of an entire Amazon web page. You cannot do it. :)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Every single example you used showed either an operating system font or a Google or Samsung app font. You didn't show me changing the font of a web site or sports app like the OP was asking for. It looked like he was showing us a sports web page.

Show me changing the font of an entire Amazon web page. You cannot do it. :)

Lol certain things it changes look at the andriod central app )
Web pages I dont think they can , but I usually leave it stock so not looking too hard just gave some examples. But pixel cant do this .

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Lol certain things it changes look at the andriod central app )
Web pages I dont think they can , but I usually leave it stock so not looking too hard just gave some examples. But pixel cant do this .

OK. Neither Pixel nor Samsung can change the font of a web page or a non Google or Samsung app. The OP cannot do what he would like with either Pixel or Samsung and we shouldn't lead him to believe that he can.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
OK. Neither Pixel nor Samsung can change the font of a web page or a non Google or Samsung app. The OP cannot do what he would like with either Pixel or Samsung and we shouldn't lead him to believe that he can.

Except Samsung did change Android central app which is not Google or Samsung app , but I don't think they can change web view .

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance