Use code Android10 andsave 10% on your first Upsie warranty
05-18-2019 08:25 PM
50 12
tools
    Currently running Android 9 on a Pixel 3. I am frustrated with being able to figure out how to change a font display setting that seems to be pervasive across apps throughout the Android system. There are instances where content appears in letters and numbers that are simply outlined but not filled completely. I have a visual impairment so this is often difficult to read. How do I change a setting in Android 9 so that this content appears in the same manner as all other content across my apps and within Android?
    12-27-2018 11:59 AM
    Have you looked at Settings > Accessibility > Display

There are settings for Font Size, etc. There's a nice magnification feature that could also be handy.
    12-27-2018 02:55 PM
    Let me attach a picture referrncing Gary's post. He is spot on as you can see. How do I change a font setting on the Pixel 3?-screenshot_20181227-160048.jpeg
    12-27-2018 04:02 PM
    This picture shows what I am referring to. See the text that is circled? It appears different than other text on the screen.it occurs across all of my apps and within the Android system.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mcR5ECP19vX4544g9

Let me attach a picture referrncing Gary's post. He is spot on as you can see. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20181227-160048.jpeg 
Views:	63 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	296081
    12-27-2018 04:49 PM
    This picture shows what I am referring to. See the text that is circled? It appears different than other text on the screen.it occurs across all of my apps and within the Android system.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mcR5ECP19vX4544g9
    Pixel don't have that option , Samsung does ...
    12-27-2018 05:26 PM
    Pixel don't have that option , Samsung does ...
    Really? With a Samsung you can actually go in and change the font types used in apps and websites, regardless of what fonts authors originally designated? Are you sure that doesn't apply to just font sizes as does Pixel?
    12-27-2018 06:14 PM
    Really? With a Samsung you can actually go in and change the font types used in apps and websites, regardless of what fonts authors originally designated? Are you sure that doesn't apply to just font sizes as does Pixel?
    This screen shot from my note
    Attached Thumbnails How do I change a font setting on the Pixel 3?-1384.jpg  
    12-27-2018 06:32 PM
    Well, that menu option does not exist on my pixel. Am I out of luck with this?
    12-27-2018 07:06 PM
    Are you sure that isn't just for changing Samsung's own built in app fonts and for changing the fonts on Samsung's alterations of the Google operating system fonts?

For what I know about Internet programming, it wouldn't be possible to change the fonts of an existing app or a web page other than making the entire font set larger or smaller.

Show me a screen capture of amazon.com and then show me a screen capture of the same Amazon web page where you've changed the Amazon font to one of your choices, say, "Cool Jazz".
    12-27-2018 07:13 PM
    Are you sure that isn't just for changing Samsung's own built in app fonts and for changing the fonts on Samsung's alterations of the Google operating system fonts?

For what I know about Internet programming, it wouldn't be possible to change the fonts of an existing app or a web page other than making the entire font set larger or smaller.

Show me a screen capture of amazon.com and then show me a screen capture of the same Amazon web page where you've changed the Amazon font to one of your choices, say, "Cool Jazz".
    Here some examples
    Attached Thumbnails How do I change a font setting on the Pixel 3?-1391.jpg  
    12-27-2018 07:28 PM
    Here some examples
    Another
    Attached Thumbnails How do I change a font setting on the Pixel 3?-1390.jpg  
    12-27-2018 07:28 PM
    A d another
    Attached Thumbnails How do I change a font setting on the Pixel 3?-1389.jpg  
    12-27-2018 07:29 PM
    A d another
    Amazon
    Attached Thumbnails How do I change a font setting on the Pixel 3?-1387.jpg  
    12-27-2018 07:29 PM
    Sounds like I am stuck with it as is.
    12-27-2018 08:33 PM
    Yeah, sorry
    12-27-2018 08:38 PM
    Amazon
    Every single example you used showed either an operating system font or a Google or Samsung app font. You didn't show me changing the font of a web site or sports app like the OP was asking for. It looked like he was showing us a sports web page.

Show me changing the font of an entire Amazon web page. You cannot do it.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-27-2018 09:00 PM
    Every single example you used showed either an operating system font or a Google or Samsung app font. You didn't show me changing the font of a web site or sports app like the OP was asking for. It looked like he was showing us a sports web page.

Show me changing the font of an entire Amazon web page. You cannot do it.
    Lol certain things it changes look at the andriod central app )
    Web pages I dont think they can , but I usually leave it stock so not looking too hard just gave some examples. But pixel cant do this .
    12-27-2018 09:06 PM
    Lol certain things it changes look at the andriod central app )
    Web pages I dont think they can , but I usually leave it stock so not looking too hard just gave some examples. But pixel cant do this .
    OK. Neither Pixel nor Samsung can change the font of a web page or a non Google or Samsung app. The OP cannot do what he would like with either Pixel or Samsung and we shouldn't lead him to believe that he can.
    12-27-2018 09:26 PM
    OK. Neither Pixel nor Samsung can change the font of a web page or a non Google or Samsung app. The OP cannot do what he would like with either Pixel or Samsung and we shouldn't lead him to believe that he can.
    Except Samsung did change Android central app which is not Google or Samsung app , but I don't think they can change web view .
    12-27-2018 09:29 PM
    I just checked Facebook and Instagram and Samsung can change those also.

Edit : and some of my banking apps
    12-27-2018 09:34 PM
    Except Samsung did change Android central app which is not Google or Samsung app , but I don't think they can change web view .
    Since you can change the font of only the Android Central forums app and not the web site, it would be interesting to know what the forums app is based on. I would doubt that Android Central wrote their forums app from scratch. My guess would be that it is Google based since you can change the font.
    12-27-2018 09:43 PM
    I just checked Facebook and Instagram and Samsung can change those also.

Edit : and some of my banking apps
    I would guess that these would be Samsung versions of these apps and that would explain why. Are these apps included with a newly purchased Samsung phone?

I would wonder if the banking apps are rewritten by Samsung to run on Samsung?
    12-27-2018 09:49 PM
    I would guess that these would be Samsung versions of these apps and that would explain why. Are these apps included with a newly purchased Samsung phone?

I would wonder if the banking apps are rewritten by Samsung to run on Samsung?
    They came from Google play store.
    Like my Wells Fargo doesn't change but my bank of America does . But like I said Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Android central are play store apps . But these apps don't come pre install on Samsung .
    12-27-2018 09:56 PM
    They came from Google play store.
    Like my Wells Fargo doesn't change but my bank of America does . But like I said Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Android central are play store apps . But these apps don't come pre install on Samsung .
    OK. Even though apps are available on the app store, they can certainly be specific to a phone brand and even limit themselves to versions of a phone. These apps could also look to see if they are running on Samsung, and if they are, they can allow font changes.

Could the Original Poster identify what sports app/website he used as an example? It would be easy enough to see if your Samsung could change the font. If it can and he needs that option, then he could change to a Samsung phone.
    12-27-2018 10:08 PM
    12-27-2018 10:17 PM
50 12