Now Playing sucks on 3xl, great on 2xl

illiniah

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
My Now Playing is awful on my 3 xl, it hardly ever recognizes songs and has lots of gaps when it does, my 2xl recognizes everything all the time.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
mine also stop recognize songs lately, I don't know if maybe clearing all the song it had learn might do the trick haven't tried.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok I have update on mine
I tried clearing songs from the list nothing
I uninstalled then reinstall pixel ambient service nothing.
my problem was I left developer option on , once I closed it was good again

bkrickles

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I was at a New Years Day party yesterday with music playing all day and every time I glanced down at my phone, it showed the correct song. In fact, someone at one point asked about a particular song and I knew they were guessing wrong so I looked at my phone and it was Panic at the Disco. Lol!!
I took my 18 year old daughter to their concert a few months ago so I actually know them.
I'm much more of a Deadhead.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I had the same problem. I'll try your fix.

I was checking something in developers option and forgot to turn off when I exited, I try not to leave it on because it creates problems out of nowhere. Hope that be your fix also.

jabaa

Oct 25, 2018
Visit site
Now Playing on my Pixel 3 works either intermittently and/or only recognizes more mainstream music. I'm not even talking about it not handling way out obscure stuff, because Shazam recognizes most of what I've tested while Now Playing doesn't. I was pretty excited about Now Playing before getting the Pixel 3 but it's mostly worthless to me as-is. I hope they improve this feature at some point!

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
The only thing consistent about the Now Playing feature on my P3 is it's inconsistency. P2 was much better.

OT - lately there has been a white flash, like a flashbulb going off, when the phone goes into sleep mode - oh goody.

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I have both the P2XL and the P3. Now Playing works way WAY better on my P2XL. If fact, it quit completely on the P3 until I toggled the feature off and rebooted then toggled it on and rebooted again (found on Reddit). Now it seemed to be working but not nearly as consistently as the P2XL.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The only thing consistent about the Now Playing feature on my P3 is it's inconsistency. P2 was much better.

OT - lately there has been a white flash, like a flashbulb going off, when the phone goes into sleep mode - oh goody.

When that happened on my 2XL I swapped it out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2