Shop HP’s Memorial Day Sale:Save up to 61% on PCs and more!
    Yo,

Even with open camera, I seem to have a hard time finding the settings to change framerate for video recording. I'd like the option to go between 60hz and 50Hz to deal with flickering fluorescent lights....

What's your most powerful go-to app for complete video and photo control?

Thanks!
    01-04-2019 08:52 AM
    I don't really use it much but it's free today. I don't think it's that powerful and I don't know of anything that does that much that's compatible with Pixel
    Attached Thumbnails What's your go-to photo and video app to harness the Camera2 API power along with manual controls?-27377.jpg  
    Rukbat and Javier P like this.
    01-04-2019 09:17 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong: There is a dedicated sensor on Pixel 3 to identify the flickering of light source to automatically adapt to it.

Of course, if you use 4k resolution, it will be limited to 30p only.
    sp44 likes this.
    01-04-2019 09:20 AM
    Thanks for the idea, Mike. Nice app.
    01-04-2019 01:52 PM
    I don't do videos but let me know when you find an app that gives you complete photo control, specifically aperture control. I'm fortunate to have started enjoying photography before zoom lenses and before film faster than 400 ISO. Ansel Adams and I understood adapting to the limitations of your equipment and when Edward Weston spoke of his famous portrait of President Orozco with a slight motion blur as being "practically acceptable" I understood. Since I'm closing on 80 and dumped my heavy camera and bag of expensive lenses two years ago I've had a blast taking photos with my Pixel phones. No looking back for me.
    KillerQ likes this.
    01-04-2019 06:20 PM
    The pixel does not have an adjustable aperture so you won’t find any camera app that gives you aperture control.
    01-04-2019 07:55 PM
    Also coming from many years of photography I’m assuming you know some of the limitations of cell phone digital photography, such as no mechanical shutter thus the inability to use a real flash. I also asssume the in regards to digital photography (compared to film) that ISO is meaningless. I’m digital photography, ISO is not part of the “exposure triangle”. You can not adjust the ISO (from an exposure standpoint) of the sensor. The sensitivity of the sensor is baked in and can not be changed. Changing the “ISO” in the camera does not change the exposure and does not change the light sensitivity of the sensor.
    01-04-2019 08:03 PM
    Also coming from many years of photography I’m assuming you know some of the limitations of cell phone digital photography, such as no mechanical shutter thus the inability to use a real flash. I also asssume the in regards to digital photography (compared to film) that ISO is meaningless. I’m digital photography, ISO is not part of the “exposure triangle”. You can not adjust the ISO (from an exposure standpoint) of the sensor. The sensitivity of the sensor is baked in and can not be changed. Changing the “ISO” in the camera does not change the exposure and does not change the light sensitivity of the sensor.
    Digital ISO is not meaningless despite it's differences from film.
    01-04-2019 08:26 PM
    Digital ISO is not meaningless despite it's differences from film.
    And in what way do you think it’s meaningful.
    If you take two photos, say one at the native ISO (mayne 50) and one at say 800, do you think you’ve changed the sensitivity of the sensor (you have not) ? Do you think you have changed the exposure (you have not).
    iSO really needs to die when taking digital photography. Some of the better cameras (RED for example) don’t have a ISO setting, they had a digital gain and its measured in decibels (-10Db, -20Db, etc).
    That’s all you’re really don’t when you “raise” the ISO on a digital camera.
    If your cam has a native ISO of say 50 and you take a shot with the ISO set to 800 all you’ve don’t is underexposed the image by 4 stops and the raised the post exposure gain. The sensor was understaured with light which is why the photo looks noisy (bad SNR due to undersaturation of light), poor contrast and poor color saturation, etc.
    With film the ISO did mean something. Higher ISO film is more sensitive to light for instance.
    01-04-2019 08:49 PM
    And in what way do you think it’s meaningful.
    If you take two photos, say one at the native ISO (mayne 50) and one at say 800, do you think you’ve changed the sensitivity of the sensor (you have not) ? Do you think you have changed the exposure (you have not).
    iSO really needs to die when taking digital photography. Some of the better cameras (RED for example) don’t have a ISO setting, they had a digital gain and its measured in decibels (-10Db, -20Db, etc).
    That’s all you’re really don’t when you “raise” the ISO on a digital camera.
    If your cam has a native ISO of say 50 and you take a shot with the ISO set to 800 all you’ve don’t is underexposed the image by 4 stops and the raised the post exposure gain. The sensor was understaured with light which is why the photo looks noisy (bad SNR due to undersaturation of light), poor contrast and poor color saturation, etc.
    With film the ISO did mean something. Higher ISO film is more sensitive to light for instance.
    We are way off topic here. The OP is asking about apps that can provide more manual controls for the Pixel.
    01-04-2019 09:05 PM
    Hehe. Yeah went walk about for a while
    01-04-2019 10:15 PM