01-09-2019 09:06 PM
68 123
tools
    I noticed an issue with audio from the stereo speakers (not sure if it is since the Jan update or if it was present before).
    We all know that the top speaker is slightly quieter than the bottom one, but if I turn the volume all the way up I can actually hear the top speaker get a lot quieter to the point that it feels like it only has the bottom speaker working. As I decrease the volume like 3 steps or so from max, the top speaker comes back to life again (sort of speak).
    01-08-2019 10:43 AM
    I noticed an issue with audio from the stereo speakers (not sure if it is since the Jan update or if it was present before).
    We all know that the top speaker is slightly quieter than the bottom one, but if I turn the volume all the way up I can actually hear the top speaker get a lot quieter to the point that it feels like it only has the bottom speaker working. As I decrease the volume like 3 steps or so from max, the top speaker comes back to life again (sort of speak).
    That shouldn't be happening regardless of update. Is it just the speakers or also thorough a headset?
    01-08-2019 10:50 AM
    That shouldn't be happening regardless of update. Is it just the speakers or also thorough a headset?
    Haven't tried the headset yet....

EDIT: I just checked and it is fine with headset...
    01-08-2019 11:06 AM
    I never tried over data , but like Samsung and iPhones want over wifi I guess to prevent people from Going over their data which wouldn't affect me as I have unlimited.
    Google doesn't care which.. Only Samsung/iPhones do for whatever reason.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-08-2019 12:32 PM
    Got my update on January 7th
    01-08-2019 12:33 PM
    Google doesn't care which.. Only Samsung/iPhones do for whatever reason.
    I never realized that you could because by the time I get the notification I'm already on wifi, but good to know.
    01-08-2019 12:44 PM
    I never realized that you could because by the time I get the notification I'm already on wifi, but good to know.
    I pretty much was always at work when the update came so I just did it there.

With the iPhone I have now my buddy and I both just launch hotspots and let each other download LOL. So stupid we have to do that when my LTE at work is faster then some peoples home internet.. but alas .. Apple is Apple.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-08-2019 12:46 PM
    I pretty much was always at work when the update came so I just did it there.

With the iPhone I have now my buddy and I both just launch hotspots and let each other download LOL. So stupid we have to do that when my LTE at work is faster then some peoples home internet.. but alas .. Apple is Apple.
    That's clever with the hotspot..
    I hate when you get the notification with apple then your below 50% and you have to wait and charge it to get the download lol.
    01-08-2019 01:07 PM
    That's clever with the hotspot..
    I hate when you get the notification with apple then your below 50% and you have to wait and charge it to get the download lol.
    Edit: going try LTE on the pixel next time lol when I get the update.
    01-08-2019 01:08 PM
    Just got the update.
    01-09-2019 02:06 AM
    Got the update.

Sound in video recording is better. Before this update it sounded really quite terrible. Haven't heard enough to make a real determination, but it sounds better so far.

Other than that, I can't tell a difference. Still have the same bugs I had before, speakers still grainy.
    rexxsor likes this.
    01-09-2019 04:34 AM
    Got the update.

Sound in video recording is better. Before this update it sounded really quite terrible. Haven't heard enough to make a real determination, but it sounds better so far.

Other than that, I can't tell a difference. Still have the same bugs I had before, speakers still grainy.
    Same. Noticeably better sound in video recording. Still not the best I think, but any improvement is welcome.
    01-09-2019 04:41 AM
    Don't know if the update had any bluetooth fixes, but using my Plantronics Legend after the update, the volume was noticeably better on the receiving end. Previously had been told that it was low.
    01-09-2019 07:58 AM
    Don't know if the update had any bluetooth fixes, but using my Plantronics Legend after the update, the volume was noticeably better on the receiving end. Previously had been told that it was low.
    I dont want to jinx myself, but I think there was a minor BT fix. Every time I got in my car, it would pop up a connection request even though it had been synced many times before(Verify PIN, authorize contacts etc.). Today and yesterday it didnt happen...crossing fingers.
    01-09-2019 09:05 AM
    I know what you mean. My car and my BT Earpiece both connected as expected to the phone after the update, and each was useable with the phone. Had problems connecting both at the same time before the update. The volume on the earpiece was low, and often the earpiece would not let me initiate a call directly from it.
    01-09-2019 01:37 PM
    I know what you mean. My car and my BT Earpiece both connected as expected to the phone after the update, and each was useable with the phone. Had problems connecting both at the same time before the update. The volume on the earpiece was low, and often the earpiece would not let me initiate a call directly from it.
    That's great to hear
    01-09-2019 02:17 PM
    The YouTube video comparisons of the audio is insane. Mine never sounded that bad, but if they fixed it and made it better then heck yeah I'm all for it. But yeah, check out YouTube. The difference is crazy.
    01-09-2019 08:16 PM
    The YouTube video comparisons of the audio is insane. Mine never sounded that bad, but if they fixed it and made it better then heck yeah I'm all for it. But yeah, check out YouTube. The difference is crazy.
    Same here.... Never was that bad but it's definitely better
    01-09-2019 09:06 PM
68 123