January Update

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile - got it on time as soon as I hit Check for update button! Apparently Google has fixed that button to do the right thing it seems!

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
January 5, 2019 update installed. We're on Google Fi and I was surprised that the update was available as soon as I tapped "Check for update". It will be interesting to see if this holds true going forward.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I noticed an issue with audio from the stereo speakers (not sure if it is since the Jan update or if it was present before).
We all know that the top speaker is slightly quieter than the bottom one, but if I turn the volume all the way up I can actually hear the top speaker get a lot quieter to the point that it feels like it only has the bottom speaker working. As I decrease the volume like 3 steps or so from max, the top speaker comes back to life again (sort of speak).

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I noticed an issue with audio from the stereo speakers (not sure if it is since the Jan update or if it was present before).
We all know that the top speaker is slightly quieter than the bottom one, but if I turn the volume all the way up I can actually hear the top speaker get a lot quieter to the point that it feels like it only has the bottom speaker working. As I decrease the volume like 3 steps or so from max, the top speaker comes back to life again (sort of speak).

That shouldn't be happening regardless of update. Is it just the speakers or also thorough a headset?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I never tried over data , but like Samsung and iPhones want over wifi I guess to prevent people from Going over their data which wouldn't affect me as I have unlimited.

Google doesn't care which.. Only Samsung/iPhones do for whatever reason.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I never realized that you could because by the time I get the notification I'm already on wifi, but good to know.

I pretty much was always at work when the update came so I just did it there.

With the iPhone I have now my buddy and I both just launch hotspots and let each other download LOL. So stupid we have to do that when my LTE at work is faster then some peoples home internet.. but alas .. Apple is Apple.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I pretty much was always at work when the update came so I just did it there.

With the iPhone I have now my buddy and I both just launch hotspots and let each other download LOL. So stupid we have to do that when my LTE at work is faster then some peoples home internet.. but alas .. Apple is Apple.

That's clever with the hotspot..
I hate when you get the notification with apple then your below 50% and you have to wait and charge it to get the download lol.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's clever with the hotspot..
I hate when you get the notification with apple then your below 50% and you have to wait and charge it to get the download lol.

Edit: going try LTE on the pixel next time lol when I get the update.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol