Pixel Stand Photo Slideshow stops after about 15 minutes or so

ThaiBruin

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else with the pixel stand have their photo frame feature stop working after about 15 minutes or so? I was hoping the January update which just got installed would fix this, but it's still happening. The photo frame will launch, then after about 15 minutes or so, it just stops and goes back to the ambient display with "play the news" "what's the weather" etc. I love the photo frame feature at work, but it's annoying that I have to take it off the stand and put it back on to keep the photos displaying.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else with the pixel stand have their photo frame feature stop working after about 15 minutes or so? I was hoping the January update which just got installed would fix this, but it's still happening. The photo frame will launch, then after about 15 minutes or so, it just stops and goes back to the ambient display with "play the news" "what's the weather" etc. I love the photo frame feature at work, but it's annoying that I have to take it off the stand and put it back on to keep the photos displaying.

Like everything else about the Pixel Stand app my photo frame works randomly - sometimes it works, sometimes not, sometimes for awhile then aborts, etc. I think any movement near the proximity sensor aborts photo frame (or at least it seems to on my P3XL). The media player display for Spotify and Google Play Music now fails entirely, yet works perfectly for Pocket Casts. Go figure. That's actually my favorite PS feature, so I hope they get that fixed. Hopefully we'll get a Pixel Stand app update soon, because right now it's total crap.

...adding, if Martonik really wants to lay the wood to Google, what they did to wireless charging in the P3's is a worthy, target rich environment.