Digital Wellbeing, who really care?

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I think it's a good feature for those who may need it. As "they" say, "It's better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it." (which applies to firearms as well, btw :D ).

Screen addiction is a real issue for some people.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I think it's a good feature for those who may need it. As "they" say, "It's better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it." (which applies to firearms as well, btw :D ).

Screen addiction is a real issue for some people.
How about giving us the ability to schedule AOD so I can have it turn off automatically at night when I am asleep vs a feature hardly anyone uses.
Folks with screen addiction are not going to be cured by DWB. that's crazy if Google thinking that

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
How about giving us the ability to schedule AOD so I can have it turn off automatically at night when I am asleep vs a feature hardly anyone uses.
Folks with screen addiction are not going to be cured by DWB. that's crazy if Google thinking that

Giving us AOD scheduling ability is exclusive of Digital Well Being.
DWB is certainly good information especially for those that find it useful. For those that like it, they can also set app timers to limit app usage. I personally won't knock Google for implementing it despite that I don't use it. I probably should though and maybe I will.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

Would rather have fraction of the effort that went into DWB be put into little tweaks that make the UI more useful.

* Ability to schedule AOD
* Ability to swipe down anywhere on your screen to being down notification panel

Are 2 that come to mind. Very minor suttle features that go a long way.

That's all am saying.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site

Why is it an issue if they make a feature like this available to people who find use and help in it? It's not forcing you to engage with it. It's not like it's on the home screen requiring you to read the report to continue using the phone or something. It's completely out of the way. If you don't want to use it, then don't. But why deny someone that it does help? Let me guess .. because YOU think it's "stupid".

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Why is it an issue if they make a feature like this available to people who find use and help in it? It's not forcing you to engage with it. It's not like it's on the home screen requiring you to read the report to continue using the phone or something. It's completely out of the way. If you don't want to use it, then don't. But why deny someone that it does help? Let me guess .. because YOU think it's "stupid".
I think you are missing the point. I don't hate or love DWB. but let me ask you this, what would you prefer Google have done, give you DWB or the 2 small but very useful features I listed above?

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I think you are missing the point. I don't hate or love DWB. but let me ask you this, what would you prefer Google have done, give you DWB or the 2 small but very useful features I listed above?

All of us have a laundry list of feature preferences. Everybody could go on and on about "they should've done this instead of that". In reality, it's just users wanting a custom made device as though they are the only users that matter.

As an example, the two features you've listed are important to some people and completely irrelevant to others, like myself who use neither of those features. They could've added both of them and it would change absolutely nothing for me. Now, if that's something on your wish list, by all means I hope you get it in a future build. As long as it's out of my way, as DWB is currently, then god speed.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I don't think it's an either or situation. We can certainly have both. I don't have a particular preference and don't need any of the features you mention. I do understand your point about the amount of effort that went into DWB in contrast with your suggested UI features. I just feel they are mutually exclusive. Certainly the amount of effort to making your suggested changes is worthwhile.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
DWB is certainly good information especially for those that find it useful. For those that like it, they can also set app timers to limit app usage. I personally won't knock Google for implementing it despite that I don't use it. I probably should though and maybe I will.

I dont think AOD has to be exclusive to DWB but would like that option scheduling AOD .

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
It's well laid out and all that but I've no interest in it. I use my phone when I want and don't when I don't want to or can't.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams