My Google pixel 3 has been playing a three toned note every time I unlock my screen, open my camera, and possibly at other times. The volume of the tone is affected by the ring volume. I have no idea why it's happening. I don't know how long this has been happening because my phone is often on silent... However, I don't think it has been happening since I got the phone.
    I'd also like to turn off the noise it makes when I send a text.
    Thanks for reading!
    01-10-2019 02:12 AM
    I'd also like to turn off the noise it makes when I send a text.
    Assuming that you're using the stock Android Messages application, go into Settings and turn off 'Hear outgoing message sounds'
    01-10-2019 11:49 AM
    My Google pixel 3 has been playing a three toned note every time I unlock my screen, open my camera, and possibly at other times.
    Go to Settings -> Sound -> Advanced and examine the various options there; turn off whichever bother you.
    01-10-2019 11:55 AM
    Note that there is an option in the Camera application to make a sound when you snap a picture, but I'm not aware of any setting (anywhere) to play a sound when you open the app. Perhaps you have enabled some Accessibility that is doing that on a global basis, or perhaps you have a 3rd party application causing this.
    Best thing to do would be to boot into Safe mode and see if the problem goes away - if it does then you have a 3rd party application causing the behavior. If it doesn't, let us know and we can look for other system-wide settings.
    01-10-2019 12:03 PM