Google Daydream VR ... anybody?

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I don't think we've ever discussed the VR capabilities on the Pixel Phones. I have the headset from my OG Pixel days and have hopped on all of probably twice with each generation of phone. It's okay for a couple of games, but not sure what else you'd use it for.

Anyone every give this side of the device a go?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't think we've ever discussed the VR capabilities on the Pixel Phones. I have the headset from my OG Pixel days and have hopped on all of probably twice with each generation of phone. It's okay for a couple of games, but not sure what else you'd use it for.

Anyone every give this side of the device a go?

Good question, I've never tried with Google . Only on Samsung devices.

Edit: I'm not sure if Google has capability as Samsung Vr but games,Netflix,photo gallery to name a few

Last edited:

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Good question, I've never tried with Google . Only on Samsung devices.

Edit: I'm not sure if Google has capability as Samsung Vr but games,Netflix,photo gallery to name a few

Indeed! I'm thinking I need to explore it more. But that side of the device, from what I've read, isn't one of those things you want to use for long periods of time.. But I know very little about the intricacies, since I never really investigated much about it.

I would think Samsung's offering has to be similar, right?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Indeed! I'm thinking I need to explore it more. But that side of the device, from what I've read, isn't one of those things you want to use for long periods of time.. But I know very little about the intricacies, since I never really investigated much about it.

I would think Samsung's offering has to be similar, right?

Yeah should be similar if not more options but only reason I used Samsung is I got them free gifts when I pre-ordered. So I have few them since S7 edge up to the note 9 , tried it out was cool for first time using it and never touch again .

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Yeah should be similar if not more options but only reason I used Samsung is I got them free gifts when I pre-ordered. So I have few them since S7 edge up to the note 9 , tried it out was cool for first time using it and never touch again .

Yeah, I'd say I'm the same. Once a generation I'll look and see if there a new app or something interesting to try out, give it a run or two and then forget about it. There's GOT to be more to that technology than that.. Lol!!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I'd say I'm the same. Once a generation I'll look and see if there a new app or something interesting to try out, give it a run or two and then forget about it. There's GOT to be more to that technology than that.. Lol!!

Lol...yeah just not into those types of things plus the 3d graphics on them got me dizzy was in a room on the VR and you look up you see the ceiling and then look down quickly the floor or left and right .. lol need time to get use to those things.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Lol...yeah just not into those types of things plus the 3d graphics on them got me dizzy was in a room on the VR and you look up you see the ceiling and then look down quickly the floor or left and right .. lol need time to get use to those things.

Hahaha! The couple of times I've used it, I sat on the edge of the bed .. just in case I got too dizzy ..:D:p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007