Pixel 3/3XL Lite phones to have more RAM then regular Pixels. Thoughts?

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Oohh.... If this is true, it's gonna tick A LOT of people off.... That's a good way to lose loyal customers if your phone line...

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I guess the 6GB is needed with the lower processor to take some load off to get the overall performance they wanted.... Makes sense

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Google should have had 6 GB of RAM for pixel 3 and 3 xl ESPECIALLY for the price they are asking for these phones. End of story. They messed up.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
From what I read, I could be wrong, it looks like only the 3XL Lite is getting the 6gb of RAM, not the regular 3 Lite. Anyway, maybe Im using my phone wrong but I never had any issues with how much RAM it has(or doesnt have).

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Sure, I would prefer to have 6gb, but I really don't care. I think the pixel 3 will continue to perform well with 4gb.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't feel my 3 XL performance is in any way compromised, so don't mind it - in fact, I appreciate it - if they are to introduce models now in 2019 with >4GB RAM, we can rest assured the 4 and 4XL will be similarly upgraded.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Even if it's true I'm not concerned.

My very first thought was concern that Mike Dee's head might have exploded, so I'm very relieved to see this. :p ;)

The more concerning thing is the apparent return of inferior specs in the smaller phone. I thought Google was passed that. Evidently they're more interested in the PR of a 'starting at' the lowest price they can do rather than ensuring people who prefer smaller phones have the same performance and user experience. Sad.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
My very first thought was concern that Mike Dee's head might have exploded, so I'm very relieved to see this. :p ;)

The more concerning thing is the apparent return of inferior specs in the smaller phone. I thought Google was passed that. Evidently they're more interested in the PR of a 'starting at' the lowest price they can do rather than ensuring people who prefer smaller phones have the same performance and user experience. Sad.

Why would my head explode? I'm very happy with the Pixel 3XL as is. What they put in their basic phone if and when we see it has no impact on my life.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
If/when the P3/P3XL Lite arrive on the scene, and if they have 6GB RAM, then I may care/comment. Nah, who am I kidding, I won't care one little bit.

In the words of that famous Naval Captain, Merrill Stubing, "I don't need to no ram, I got torpedoes"

Last edited:

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Why would my head explode? I'm very happy with the Pixel 3XL as is. What they put in their basic phone if and when we see it has no impact on my life.

Well you are pretty adamant that anything more than 4gb is of no value and thus unnecessary for pure Android.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Well you are pretty adamant that anything more than 4gb is of no value and thus unnecessary for pure Android.

Those are not my words and I don't explode, but as far as I'm concerned it's not necessary for the Pixel 3 or 3 XL based on my user experience. We can speculate all we want on why the rumoured device may have more RAM. I don't think it will compensate for the slower processor and I have no interest in that phone.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I am mixed about this rumored device. I'm not confident that it will see the light of day, but if rumors are true I'm not sure what to make of the strategy behind it.

Regarding hardware decisions, like adding RAM, I'm indifferent. Doesn't really matter to me much either way.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have no thoughts on these phone , to me I have the best 2 Google phones Google came out with pixel 3xl and pixel 2xl
even if the pixel 3xl didn't come out yet and only had the pixel 2xl still wouldn't give those phones a thought.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have no thoughts on these phone , to me I have the best 2 Google phones Google came out with pixel 3xl and pixel 2xl
even if the pixel 3xl didn't come out yet and only had the pixel 2xl still wouldn't give those phones a thought.

I still don't see the point in these phones except maybe for the overseas Market. I'm sure there are better mid-ranger deals out there but I guess if somebody wants to say they have a pixel that it might make sense for them. I'd buy a 2XL before I bought this thing.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I still don't see the point in these phones except maybe for the overseas Market. I'm sure there are better mid-ranger deals out there but I guess if somebody wants to say they have a pixel that it might make sense for them. I'd buy a 2XL before I bought this thing.

I totally agree
On why they would bring these to the market my only guess would be overseas. But they have too many phones to compete against I don't think they survive .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon01