01-18-2019 04:50 PM
44 12
tools
    I think what needs to be distinguished here is the difference between OS, Skin, hardware and app changes. This thread feels more like changes people would to see in Pixel than in Android O.
    Yeah I think your right
    01-16-2019 01:13 PM
    Yeah I think your right
    Opps..... I meant Android Q
    01-16-2019 01:19 PM
    Opps..... I meant Android Q
    Lol ...i understood😂
    01-16-2019 01:23 PM
    Some of you may get your wish on the dark mode, it seems..

https://www.xda-developers.com/andro...ission-revamp/

EDIT: I also hope the keep the app permissions revamp. Will be good to see more lock down of third party apps.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-16-2019 05:15 PM
    Some of you may get your wish on the dark mode, it seems..

https://www.xda-developers.com/andro...ission-revamp/

EDIT: I also hope the keep the app permissions revamp. Will be good to see more lock down of third party apps.
    Yeah Google dark theme will be more spread out.
    What do you mean by lock down on third party apps?
    anon(10092459) likes this.
    01-16-2019 05:26 PM
    Yeah Google dark theme will be more spread out.
    What do you mean by lock down on third party apps?
    Indeed. Improved permissions privacy.. Access to location information only while app is in use, etc ..
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-16-2019 05:33 PM
    Indeed. Improved permissions privacy.. Access to location information only while app is in use, etc ..
    Ok gotcha...yeah definitely
    Like one of my bank apps if I dont grant it my location wont let me in , like wtf why does it need that .
    anon(10092459) likes this.
    01-16-2019 05:39 PM
    Ok gotcha...yeah definitely
    Like one of my bank apps if I dont grant it my location wont let me in , like wtf why does it need that .
    They're just protecting all that Mula schmula you got.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-16-2019 06:39 PM
    They're just protecting all that Mula schmula you got.
    Who me?
    I'm just trying to protect my $1.50 I have in there , letting it gain interest 🤫😂😂😂
    01-16-2019 06:44 PM
    Great ideas but not necessarily OS related improvements.
    I see them as operatin system improvements as I came from an operating system that had these built in. No additional need for apps to perform those tasks. Except point 5
    01-16-2019 09:16 PM
    3..it must be somehow related to operating system as I could always attach several photos using windows phone without a problem. now using android i attach 1 at best. and I haven't change carrier.

4. I am not sure where to find that could you point me in the right direction would be much appreciated.
    01-16-2019 09:20 PM
    I see them as operatin system improvements as I came from an operating system that had these built in. No additional need for apps to perform those tasks. Except point 5
    But they are not in Android and every OEM skins things differently so if we look at the as improvments in Q it won't happen because it's not across the board.
    01-16-2019 09:22 PM
    3..it must be somehow related to operating system as I could always attach several photos using windows phone without a problem. now using android i attach 1 at best. and I haven't change carrier.

4. I am not sure where to find that could you point me in the right direction would be much appreciated.
    For #4:you have lift to wake or double tap already
    Attached Thumbnails What are you hopeful to see in Q?-2736.jpg  
    01-16-2019 09:29 PM
    There are a LOT of things I'd like to see in Q:

- Fix the gesture navigations. Right now, they're terrible. They're half-gesture, half-button and slower than the three button setup we had before. Apple's is the gold standard, Google should get as close as they can to that.

- Fix the plethora of bugs Pie has. I'm honestly shocked at how unpolished and buggy Pie has been. The ram management issue, poor video sound recording, photos not being saved, SMS messages not being received, a second artificial notch, Google Assistant suddenly not responding to the key phrase after a couple of days and requiring a restart, issues with reminders through Assistant not working. Some have been fixed, some have not, but it shouldn't have been released like it was. If Android Q is just a sweeping bug fix, I'd actually be pretty happy with that.

- Drastically improve Top Shot. Right now it's pretty much unusable in its current state. Make every image it takes a somewhat decent quality and it could be interesting.

- I'd like built in location-based functions, where I could set it to automatically go to silent when I get to work, and when I leave work, put the sound back on. Would also like more AI integration to make it smarter and hopefully easier to use.

- Build a face unlock similar to iOS.

- Google finally acknowledged that white images lead to faster battery drain, so introduce an OS level dark theme.

That's what is like to see in Android Q. Hoping it's a lot better than Pie.
    Motorola got the gesture navigation right in my opinion. I wish Google would adopt that.
    01-17-2019 12:04 AM
    But they are not in Android and every OEM skins things differently so if we look at the as improvments in Q it won't happen because it's not across the board.
    Ok. Maybe I have misread the topic. I was just commenting on what I would like to see. And having experienced these before they are the few things I think that would benefit most people once they use them.
    01-17-2019 12:33 AM
    Motorola got the gesture navigation right in my opinion. I wish Google would adopt that.
    Heard good things but haven't used it myself.

I think almost anything would be better than the current implementation.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-17-2019 12:35 AM
    For #4:you have lift to wake or double tap already
    Thanks for that. A little different on my phone. Comes under smart assistance.. motion control. But you pointed me in the right direction.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-17-2019 12:38 AM
    Thanks for that. A little different on my phone. Comes under smart assistance.. motion control. But you pointed me in the right direction.
    Your welcome.
    01-17-2019 12:43 AM
    i'd like to see them clean up the gestures so we can use the extra screen space at the bottom that the navigation bar uses. I don't see the point of gestures if all they did was remove the recents button.

A gesture to lower the top of the screen for one handed use.

Option to request pin or password to turn off the phone in case a thief wants to turn the phone off.

Improve Now playing. Make it easy to add the current song playing to your google music/youtube music playlist

Not sure if this would be hardware or licensed software but DOLBY ATMOS support to make good use of the dual front facing speakers.

smoother animations

improve sharing menu system wide like the one updated in google photos.
    01-18-2019 04:50 PM
44 12