I have a notification sound that works when I get a notification. I also get a notification but I don't find any notification. What is causing this. Thanks
    01-15-2019 11:38 AM
    Are any BT devices trying to connect to your phone or do you have any cross-platform apps that might be getting notifications everywhere but clearing them if you have the app open on another device or computer (like Messenger or FB)?
    01-15-2019 12:09 PM
    I have a notification sound that works when I get a notification. I also get a notification but I don't find any notification. What is causing this. Thanks
    If you are referring to what I think you are referring to, Im experiencing the same thing. Ill have my phone sitting right next to me and Ill hear the default notification sound, but when I look at my phone there is no visual notification.

I have found that some of my apps(like Fuely for instance) do updates now and then syncing information in the background(but visually presents with a sync notification) and that creates a sound notification but no lasting visual notification.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    01-15-2019 12:16 PM
    I do have several news readers but they all post notifications when the sound annouces Its arrival.
    01-15-2019 12:32 PM
    I do have several news readers but they all post notifications when the sound annouces Its arrival.
    Do you have NFC enabled? Also, you can check if that unknown sound left a record in the notification log. These steps work on Oreo so most likely they will still work for Pie. Long press an empty spot on your home screen - Widgets - scroll down until you find 'Settings' - drag it to the screen and select 'Notification log'. This process will create a widget, click on it and see which apps are listed in the log.
    mustang7757 and Boogr like this.
    01-15-2019 12:46 PM
    Do you have NFC enabled? Also, you can check if that unknown sound left a record in the notification log. These steps work on Oreo so most likely they will still work for Pie. Long press an empty spot on your home screen - Widgets - scroll down until you find 'Settings' - drag it to the screen and select 'Notification log'. This process will create a widget, click on it and see which apps are listed in the log.
    Good tip
    01-15-2019 01:38 PM
    You may be on the right track.
    I noticed that there was data in the log that I had no notification for. I disabled the notification for both. Let's see if that fixes it. Thanks.
    01-15-2019 04:24 PM
    I was having this too. So far, caught AccuBattery app notifying me about battery and charge status.

Thanks very much for posting this lesson - works great on my 3XL.
    Javier P likes this.
    01-16-2019 08:56 AM
    You may be on the right track.
    I noticed that there was data in the log that I had no notification for. I disabled the notification for both. Let's see if that fixes it. Thanks.
    It worked
    Javier P likes this.
    01-16-2019 09:06 PM
    Excellent! Glad it helped guys and thanks for the follow up.
    It worked
    Which apps pushed those notifications?
    01-16-2019 09:35 PM
    Actually, there were a few. Some of the problems were also by not having Permissions set correctly. As usual, it was user error.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    01-17-2019 07:46 AM