Trying Nova Again

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I've tried it a few times over the years and always came to the same conclusion: more trouble than it was worth. :)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the paid version but stopped using it since the Pixel 2XL. I found it useful with the last 3 LG phones....I just don't find it necessary any longer. It is the best 3rd party launcher out there although there are other fine products out there.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I've been using paid for about 4 years. I like the customization options. Only thing that sort of annoys me is that I continue to use it in the same way. So I get a new phone, but it looks exactly like my last one. Obviously, that's because I like my setup, but still have a little iOS syndrome.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've also used nova for years , paid full price back in the day and is well worth it.
I tried lot of launchers over the years and nova to me is still the best . it's the right launcher if any phone had to come stock with it.Probably the only stock launcher is 1+6 comes close to what you can customize .

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Bought it for Samsung devices years back. Loved it then. Have not used it since S8 came out. OEM launchers are more than good these days, that includes Pixel 2 and 3 launchers.

I am a simple guy, the less things running over what comes on the phone I am using the better. But that's just me.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I purchased Nova Prime years ago. I can do exactly what I want with Nova Prime. I've used it long enough that I know it inside out. I tried to like the Pixel 3 XL launcher for a week and gave up and changed to Nova Prime. For me the Pixel 3 XL stock launcher is way to limiting.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I would love to use stock products but the problem with the Pixel Launcher for me is that I cant add additional home screens or create a scrolling row of apps on the bottom.

bkrickles

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Long time Nova Prime user here too and it's definitely the best launcher out there.
I keep trying others as they come out or are updated and I always come back to nova very quickly.
I've been keeping Hyperion launcher on my phone and give it an hour or so every time it gets updated. I even bought the pro version. While it's got promise and is interesting, it's still not nova.
I understand what 18t is saying. I change my phone every year and immediately put nova on and the phones look the same. It is kind of annoying. Lmao!
I did make some changes with my 3xl so I do have a slightly different look going now.
I'm also only using 3 pages and 2 docks where I used to always have 5 pages and 3 docks.
I'm making better use of all the gestures that are available. That's probably the best feature for me.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I bought it, set it up, and didn't change it for two years. I don't know what is meant by "more trouble than it's worth." When I recently got a Pixel 3 I set it up again and don't expect to change it during my time with this phone.

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
I always go back to this launcher...love the icon customization.

What made you decide to stop using it? I've been using it and the only launcher that I have used. But, I've been thinking about switching to a different launcher, maybe lawnchair. I keep wondering if Nova is a battery drainer which is why I am reconsidered.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
What made you decide to stop using it? I've been using it and the only launcher that I have used. But, I've been thinking about switching to a different launcher, maybe lawnchair. I keep wondering if Nova is a battery drainer which is why I am reconsidered.

That's why but what's funny is now it's the opposite...the battery is awesome.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Nova should not be a big battery drain compared to the stock launcher. in fact I don't think it should be a difference at all except for maybe the fact that you lose the dark mode capability in the Google feed.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Its pretty light launcher , maybe you can run into glitches or possibly battery drain in its beta version.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I always go back to it as well, however this time, I was able to last about four months before going back. Once I went back, it was amazing. I missed the gestures especially the swipe down for notifications

Now that the Google feed is integrated so well, it's a no-brainer!

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site
I always go back to it as well, however this time, I was able to last about four months before going back. Once I went back, it was amazing. I missed the gestures especially the swipe down for notifications

Now that the Google feed is integrated so well, it's a no-brainer!

How is the Google feed integrated? I need to use this feature.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I like Nova on other phones, but on Pixels I have owned I like the stock with the Pixel launcher. :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer