01-21-2019 10:30 AM
29 12
tools
    I always go back to this launcher...love the icon customization.
    Morty2264 and kenorian like this.
    01-16-2019 01:36 PM
    I've tried it a few times over the years and always came to the same conclusion: more trouble than it was worth.
    01-16-2019 02:28 PM
    Please show us your homeecreen setup!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-16-2019 02:29 PM
    I havent left Nova since I paid for premium 3 years go. Love it!
    Coop61 and mbxx like this.
    01-16-2019 02:46 PM
    I have the paid version but stopped using it since the Pixel 2XL. I found it useful with the last 3 LG phones....I just don't find it necessary any longer. It is the best 3rd party launcher out there although there are other fine products out there.
    Tritonemusic likes this.
    01-16-2019 03:15 PM
    I've been using paid for about 4 years. I like the customization options. Only thing that sort of annoys me is that I continue to use it in the same way. So I get a new phone, but it looks exactly like my last one. Obviously, that's because I like my setup, but still have a little iOS syndrome.
    01-16-2019 03:44 PM
    I've also used nova for years , paid full price back in the day and is well worth it.
    I tried lot of launchers over the years and nova to me is still the best . it's the right launcher if any phone had to come stock with it.Probably the only stock launcher is 1+6 comes close to what you can customize .
    Mike Dee and gendo667 like this.
    01-16-2019 04:19 PM
    Bought it for Samsung devices years back. Loved it then. Have not used it since S8 came out. OEM launchers are more than good these days, that includes Pixel 2 and 3 launchers.

I am a simple guy, the less things running over what comes on the phone I am using the better. But that's just me.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    01-16-2019 09:10 PM
    I purchased Nova Prime years ago. I can do exactly what I want with Nova Prime. I've used it long enough that I know it inside out. I tried to like the Pixel 3 XL launcher for a week and gave up and changed to Nova Prime. For me the Pixel 3 XL stock launcher is way to limiting.
    Matt Manahan likes this.
    01-17-2019 03:04 AM
    I would love to use stock products but the problem with the Pixel Launcher for me is that I cant add additional home screens or create a scrolling row of apps on the bottom.
    PapaGary likes this.
    01-17-2019 09:18 AM
    Long time Nova Prime user here too and it's definitely the best launcher out there.
    I keep trying others as they come out or are updated and I always come back to nova very quickly.
    I've been keeping Hyperion launcher on my phone and give it an hour or so every time it gets updated. I even bought the pro version. While it's got promise and is interesting, it's still not nova.
    I understand what 18t is saying. I change my phone every year and immediately put nova on and the phones look the same. It is kind of annoying. Lmao!
    I did make some changes with my 3xl so I do have a slightly different look going now.
    I'm also only using 3 pages and 2 docks where I used to always have 5 pages and 3 docks.
    I'm making better use of all the gestures that are available. That's probably the best feature for me.
    PapaGary likes this.
    01-17-2019 09:21 AM
    I bought it, set it up, and didn't change it for two years. I don't know what is meant by "more trouble than it's worth." When I recently got a Pixel 3 I set it up again and don't expect to change it during my time with this phone.
    kenorian and Matt Manahan like this.
    01-17-2019 11:19 AM
    I always go back to this launcher...love the icon customization.
    What made you decide to stop using it? I've been using it and the only launcher that I have used. But, I've been thinking about switching to a different launcher, maybe lawnchair. I keep wondering if Nova is a battery drainer which is why I am reconsidered.
    01-17-2019 04:32 PM
    What made you decide to stop using it? I've been using it and the only launcher that I have used. But, I've been thinking about switching to a different launcher, maybe lawnchair. I keep wondering if Nova is a battery drainer which is why I am reconsidered.
    That's why but what's funny is now it's the opposite...the battery is awesome.
    01-17-2019 05:39 PM
    Nova should not be a big battery drain compared to the stock launcher. in fact I don't think it should be a difference at all except for maybe the fact that you lose the dark mode capability in the Google feed.
    kenorian likes this.
    01-17-2019 06:02 PM
    Its pretty light launcher , maybe you can run into glitches or possibly battery drain in its beta version.
    01-17-2019 09:16 PM
    I always go back to it as well, however this time, I was able to last about four months before going back. Once I went back, it was amazing. I missed the gestures especially the swipe down for notifications

Now that the Google feed is integrated so well, it's a no-brainer!
    01-17-2019 10:00 PM
    I always go back to it as well, however this time, I was able to last about four months before going back. Once I went back, it was amazing. I missed the gestures especially the swipe down for notifications

Now that the Google feed is integrated so well, it's a no-brainer!
    How is the Google feed integrated? I need to use this feature.
    01-18-2019 10:15 AM
    I like Nova on other phones, but on Pixels I have owned I like the stock with the Pixel launcher.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-18-2019 01:00 PM
    I like Nova on other phones, but on Pixels I have owned I like the stock with the Pixel launcher.
    Agreed - that's a winner, for sure!
    01-18-2019 02:04 PM
    How is the Google feed integrated? I need to use this feature.
    Google feed works the same as pixel launcher just need to download Google companion app and works flawlessly just no dark mode.
    01-18-2019 02:09 PM
    I love Nova too, as a phone switcher the ability to import/export layouts is great and no stock launcher has the customisation I want. I do not want much other than more rows/columns and the gestures but no stock launcher offers this most have no gestures and top out at 6x5 on the home screen.

Honorable mention to the Microsoft launcher too, it is really pretty decent.
    01-19-2019 03:06 AM
    I've used Nova on all of my non Pixel phones. Was using it for a about. Pixel launcher seems faster to to me but hate how limiting it is. I've been Lawnchair for about a month now and love it. Miss the features in Nova though. May switch back. Not sure lol
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-19-2019 05:41 AM
    I'm like 18t, I've had Nova on all my devices for a few years now and mostly set up the same. I used to play around with setups back with my Note 2 and Moto X 1st gen, maybe even my GNex?? But now I have a simple setup and just switch out the icons and wallpapers. I guess mainly because I can have 6 apps on my homescreen and assign a second app to each one without it covering up my walls. I just recently bought a Note 8 and am running it with the stock launcher, we'll see how long that lasts.
    01-19-2019 07:08 AM
    I've used Nova on all of my non Pixel phones. Was using it for a about. Pixel launcher seems faster to to me but hate how limiting it is. I've been Lawnchair for about a month now and love it. Miss the features in Nova though. May switch back. Not sure lol
    What do you love most about Lawnchair?
    01-19-2019 10:36 AM
29 12