Seriously considering Samsung 10 x+ when it comes out

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
According to a technician at Verizon, he looked on Google's system (they must have some type of access to see issues) and said that he found ONE of these issues there, and it was corrected with a new SIM card with the existing Pixel 3. I find it a bit fishy...the amount of people having the issue that I've found on forums (my wife's brother is having it as well, but he thought it was due to the fact that he moved from Verizon to T Mobile and thought it was just the T Mobile network and is just dealing with it), and very little from Google on truly acknowledging it. If they did...they would probably be losing a ton of $$$ due to people not purchasing it.

It would be better for everyone impacted if it was a known issue which would mean Google has documented it and no fix is available yet but possibly working on it.

bgard7

Dec 19, 2018
Visit site
It would be better for everyone impacted if it was a known issue which would mean Google has documented it and no fix is available yet but possibly working on it.

https://www.bgr.in/news/list-of-google-pixel-3-pixel-3-xl-issues-poor-audio-camera-memory-wifi/

Call quality and connectivity issues
A number of Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL users have taken to Google Product forums to report issues related to call quality and call connectivity on their devices. Digging in the reports about the problems, the issues range from baseline issues about the sound during calls including choppy, tinny, and even inconsistent audio to call connection times and issues with the microphone. As reported previously, the issue is rather widespread with users even taking to Reddit to report the issues.
The issues don’t seem to be limited to any particular device type, country, model, and seem to affect both Wi-Fi as well as cellular calls. Device replacement and even software reset does not seem to fix the problem. Google has not issued any comment at the time of writing.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
https://www.bgr.in/news/list-of-google-pixel-3-pixel-3-xl-issues-poor-audio-camera-memory-wifi/

Call quality and connectivity issues
A number of Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL users have taken to Google Product forums to report issues related to call quality and call connectivity on their devices. Digging in the reports about the problems, the issues range from baseline issues about the sound during calls including choppy, tinny, and even inconsistent audio to call connection times and issues with the microphone. As reported previously, the issue is rather widespread with users even taking to Reddit to report the issues.
The issues don’t seem to be limited to any particular device type, country, model, and seem to affect both Wi-Fi as well as cellular calls. Device replacement and even software reset does not seem to fix the problem. Google has not issued any comment at the time of writing.

The only complaints I've gotten from people on the other end of my conversations or dropped calls are in spotty reception areas. No difference from my prior experience with any other brands I've used in the same areas in the past 13 years. I'm currently using a Pixel 3XL as my personal device and iPhone 7 for work both on Verizon.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think there was a different post about call quality issues in pix 3 forums, I don't know if it's been resolved .

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm not going to get the s series this spring... Samsung just isn't what it once was for me... I honestly find it lacking. very happy with my pixel 3xl

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not going to get the s series this spring... Samsung just isn't what it once was for me... I honestly find it lacking. very happy with my pixel 3xl

It's amazing how we all like things differently. There's nothing at the moment that can pull me away from the Pixels since the 2XL came out. I'm not suggesting it's the perfect phone and it's definitely not for everyone but it just works for me and I've been happy with their service. Of course, no one beats the Apple Genius bar when it comes to service but I'm very happy with the encounters I've had with phone and chat support for my Pixel phones and Pixel Book.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's amazing how we all like things differently. There's nothing at the moment that can pull me away from the Pixels since the 2XL came out. I'm not suggesting it's the perfect phone and it's definitely not for everyone but it just works for me and I've been happy with their service. Of course, no one beats the Apple Genius bar when it comes to service but I'm very happy with the encounters I've had with phone and chat support for my Pixel phones and Pixel Book.

We need a Google Genius Bar

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
We need a Google Genius Bar

There is a Google store in Manhattan. I'm not sure if they provide support. I don't want to take the thread off topic but I say that's a massive undertaking and commitment to change to that type of business model on a large scale.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
There is a Google store in Manhattan. I'm not sure if they provide support. I don't want to take the thread off topic but I say that's a massive undertaking and commitment to change to that type of business model on a large scale.

Its is, but done right like apple will lead to success. You must spend money to make money .

But I have a feeling both Samsung and pixel 4 going be one of the best of 2019

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When we see the prices of the new Samsung line, I have a feeling that after tomorrow the Pixel will look like the best bargain on Android.

They are going be expensive but if you don't buy on launch they will have deals later on like they always do.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
When we see the prices of the new Samsung line, I have a feeling that after tomorrow the Pixel will look like the best bargain on Android.

From my point of view bargains are only bargains if it's something you want. I might be in the minority here but if the Pixel was more than the Samsung I would still buy the Pixel. I've made it my religion to buy what I want within my means.

Dec 16, 2018
Visit site
From my point of view bargains are only bargains if it's something you want. I might be in the minority here but if the Pixel was more than the Samsung I would still buy the Pixel. I've made it my religion to buy what I want within my means.
I'm not the least bit interested in the new Samsungs either. It's almost as if over-pricing on launch and then following up with either a deep discount or BYGO deals is becoming a thing now. Anything that moves units in a stagnant market.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
What I really hope to get out of this is a Pixel 4 that competes on hardware design and features. A prime example? The multi-camera system on the back of the S10. An ultra-wide angle lens would be a sensible addition to the Pixel 4 hardware. Nothing about having dual-cameras compromises Google's claim to software superiority in photography. They seem to understand this for the front-facing cameras.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
What I really hope to get out of this is a Pixel 4 that competes on hardware design and features. A prime example? The multi-camera system on the back of the S10. An ultra-wide angle lens would be a sensible addition to the Pixel 4 hardware. Nothing about having dual-cameras compromises Google's claim to software superiority in photography. They seem to understand this for the front-facing cameras.

Not disputing anything you're saying at all but it's kind of funny that when LG was one of the first ones with a twin rear camera a lot of users of other brands knocked LG. Now we are seeing more than two cameras. Despite how good Pixel has done with digital zooming I would like to see two cameras. I actually would prefer they improve the digital zoom and add a wide lens. I find wide more useful than a telephoto on a phone. It's the thing I miss most about my V20.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Not disputing anything you're saying all but it's kind of funny that when LG was one of the first ones with a twin rear camera a lot of users of other brands knocked LG. Now we are seeing more than two cameras. Despite how good Pixel has done with digital zooming I would like to see two cameras. I actually would prefer they improve the digital zoom and add a wide lens. I find wide more useful than a telephoto on a phone. It's the thing I miss most about my V20.

They can't keep both wide and telephoto?