Sound Notification

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When pushing up volume button on Pixel 3 you get option of mute,vibrate or sound and vibration it also used to show up on bottom of screen but now seems to have disappeared

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't remember any volume display at the bottom of the screen.
Is this specific to the Pixel 3 line? Certainly can't remember anything like that on my Pixel 2 XL.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't remember any volume display at the bottom of the screen.
Is this specific to the Pixel 3 line? Certainly can't remember anything like that on my Pixel 2 XL.

I'm with you on that , don't recall it being on bottom.

gooner63

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Up till yesterday when pushing volume up the little slider bar popped up with bell symbol but also along bottom of screen it stated in words which each press on bell symbol was doing I.e mute,sound and vibrate or just vibrate

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Up till yesterday when pushing volume up the little slider bar popped up with bell symbol but also along bottom of screen it stated in words which each press on bell symbol was doing I.e mute,sound and vibrate or just vibrate

I just tried this on my Pixel 3 and the action descriptions still show at the bottom.

gooner63

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Glad someone else can confirm what I was saying,don’t know why it has disappeared from my screen checked through all the settings cannot see anything regarding this issue.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
There's a chance that toast message is being pushed by a third party app that you downloaded and not by the system. You can try this app if you want to be sure.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.revanmj.toastsource

We talked about this app on this other thread.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=918866

umm.. maybe. I don't have many 3rd party apps on system. I run a fairly skinny device, but anything's possible. I just think it's a service side thing .. I mean... it's Google, right. We might all wake up tomorrow and either all have it or nobody have it..:p

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
umm.. maybe. I don't have many 3rd party apps on system. I run a fairly skinny device, but anything's possible. I just think it's a service side thing .. I mean... it's Google, right. We might all wake up tomorrow and either all have it or nobody have it..:p
Most likely this a system notification but funny that it could be different between the 3 and 3XL models.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Is it perhaps something to do with having the Gesture interface turned on vs off?
Or perhaps it's the setup with the Gesture interface turned on AND the Accessibility thingie enabled?
Grasping at straws here.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Is it perhaps something to do with having the Gesture interface turned on vs off?
Or perhaps it's the setup with the Gesture interface turned on AND the Accessibility thingie enabled?
Grasping at straws here.

Pixel 3 can't disable gestures on pix 2 you can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2