After spending an amazing amount of time both with Verizon and with Google it appears that pixel 3 XL phones from Google do not currently support RCS. According to Verizon, RCS is only supported on Pixel 3 XL phones purchased from Verizon. Does anyone have any further information?
    01-21-2019 07:21 PM
    After spending an amazing amount of time both with Verizon and with Google it appears that pixel 3 XL phones from Google do not currently support RCS. According to Verizon, RCS is only supported on Pixel 3 XL phones purchased from Verizon. Does anyone have any further information?
    It's enabled on my Pixel 3XL non Verizon model on Verizon.
    radgatt likes this.
    01-21-2019 08:50 PM
    Did you check you settings
    Attached Thumbnails RCS Not supported-31029.jpg  
    01-21-2019 08:52 PM
    I have checked all the settings and when I tick on chat features and accept the TOS, the message comes up that I will be informed when the service is ready for me. Verizon, supervisor, informed me that RCS is only available for Pixels purchased from Verizon. Additionally, Level 1 knew nothing about RCS. Go figure. Thanks for your recounting of your experience. Alas, I must wait.
    01-21-2019 08:58 PM
    I have checked all the settings and when I tick on chat features and accept the TOS, the message comes up that I will be informed when the service is ready for me. Verizon, supervisor, informed me that RCS is only available for Pixels purchased from Verizon. Additionally, Level 1 knew nothing about RCS. Go figure. Thanks for your recounting of your experience. Alas, I must wait.
    There is no real difference between the Verizon model except the locked bootloader. In addition you can buy the Verizon model from Google so is Verizon claiming to exclude those as well?
    It is supposed to be rolled out slowly so it's probably just a matter of time.
    01-21-2019 09:10 PM
    Maybe a staged rollout? I've had it several weeks on my Verizon 3XL.
    01-21-2019 11:51 PM
    What difference does RCS make today, unless you are chatting with another pixel 3xl owner? I've had it enabled for a month and haven't noticed anything different. Seems like a feature that isn't really valuable until everyone supports it, or am I missing something
    01-22-2019 06:15 AM
    What difference does RCS make today, unless you are chatting with another pixel 3xl owner? I've had it enabled for a month and haven't noticed anything different. Seems like a feature that isn't really valuable until everyone supports it, or am I missing something
    Right now it doesn't make much difference.
    01-22-2019 06:50 AM
    I bought my Pixel 3 XL from Google. I have a Verizon SIM in it right now. I have RCS enabled on my device and can chat with someone who has a S9 on Sprint. No issues. Something must be wrong with the phone that you have if you have it enabled. RCS on the Pixel 3/3XL is not limited to just Verizon users.
    01-22-2019 08:19 AM
    My friends at Verizon insist that there is nothing wrong with my phone and counsel patience. Also my friend Pam in Florida has a 3 xl from Verizon and her RCS is awaiting enablement. Perhaps a slow rollout?
    01-22-2019 08:38 AM
    My friends at Verizon insist that there is nothing wrong with my phone and counsel patience. Also my friend Pam in Florida has a 3 xl from Verizon and her RCS is awaiting enablement. Perhaps a slow rollout?
    It is being rolled out slowly
    01-22-2019 08:40 AM
    Thanks. Love your posts.
    It is being rolled out slowly
    01-22-2019 08:44 AM
    Yes. Also, Samsung supports RCS feature in it's native messages app, or any other android phone with android messages app installed, but it is all dependent if the carrier supports it or not.
    01-22-2019 10:34 AM
    False, I have it on mine which I purchased from Google.
    01-22-2019 02:03 PM
    If you do the customer chat, they can provision your line for it.
    Rukbat likes this.
    01-22-2019 02:03 PM
    I have a Pixel 3 XL purchased from the Google Store. My carrier is Google Fi. RCS is enabled.
    01-24-2019 05:37 PM
    As original o p, I thought I should chime in. Patience is a virtue in this business as I now have chat features enabled. See the screenshot.RCS Not supported-screenshot_20190124-202237.jpeg
    01-24-2019 09:23 PM
    Chat features enabled on Pixel 3 XL - Carrier is Google Fi:

RCS Not supported-screenshot_20170410-142142.jpg
    01-25-2019 03:35 PM
    Maybe this is a dumb question, but on my Pixel 3 on Fi, RCS features work sometimes and sometimes not-- do one or both people need to be on wifi or something? This is when texting with my wife who is also on a Pixel 3 on Fi.

Today for example all texts are shown to be sent as SMS with no delivery or read receipts, no currently-typing, etc. And the text bubbles are lighter blue. The other day, dark blue bubbles, full RCS features.
    01-31-2019 04:34 PM
    Maybe this is a dumb question, but on my Pixel 3 on Fi, RCS features work sometimes and sometimes not-- do one or both people need to be on wifi or something? This is when texting with my wife who is also on a Pixel 3 on Fi.

Today for example all texts are shown to be sent as SMS with no delivery or read receipts, no currently-typing, etc. And the text bubbles are lighter blue. The other day, dark blue bubbles, full RCS features.
    There are a couple of suggestions in this topic that might be helpful:

https://support.google.com/fi/thread/1260228?hl=en
    01-31-2019 06:52 PM