So this is a really specific one.

Using the alarm.com for my home security system and it has geo-services capabilities. Meaning, the app will notify me when my phone has moved outside the "fenced area" and tell me to arm the system.

The last couple of months it all of a sudden stops recognizing my Pixel 3 XL every 2-3 days. It will say in the app that my phone hasn't been in touch with the system for more than 24 hours and hence the geo-services doesn't work. Thing is, I'm looking at this message in the app on my Pixel 3 XL while arming the system. It's only when I disable/re-enable the geo-services functionality that it comes back "online" and recognizes the phone.

Anyone with similar issues and potentially a solution?

Cheers!
    01-23-2019 03:17 PM
    I found I was not getting alerts in a timely manner: enabled backround data & unrestricted usage and also turned off battery optimization for the app.

I do not use geo-services for the app, but perhaps there are some similar settings for location permissions?
    Martin Holl likes this.
    01-28-2019 08:35 AM
    Only one I didn't have was the unrestricted usage. Will see if that helps, thanks!
    01-29-2019 09:58 AM