Pixel 3 coming tomorrow

ab190670

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi
After many years with blackberry from pure blackberry through to bb10 and blackberry android with keyone which i loved it was upgrade time and with nothing really coming bb wise ive bit the bullet and ordered a pixel 3 which will be here later today/tomorrow and am looking forward to being part of android central after many a year with Crackberry.
The one thing im considering is do i need Blackberry Hub for messaging or does the pixel have a suitable equivalent.
Thanks
Andrew

Michael Detwiler

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi
After many years with blackberry from pure blackberry through to bb10 and blackberry android with keyone which i loved it was upgrade time and with nothing really coming bb wise ive bit the bullet and ordered a pixel 3 which will be here later today/tomorrow and am looking forward to being part of android central after many a year with Crackberry.
The one thing im considering is do i need Blackberry Hub for messaging or does the pixel have a suitable equivalent.
Thanks
Andrew
Android Messages is the default app for that. Been so long since I had my Crackberry Tour that I forgot what all it does.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi
Thanks
Andrew

Welcome to Android Central

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi
Thanks
Andrew

Welcome , hope you enjoy pix 3
On blackberry hub does it do something different then andriod messages? Not familiar with blackberry.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, Andrew! Congratulations on your Pixel 3! Let us know when it comes in the mail!

I too hailed from the land of CrackBerry, and miss my BlackBerry phones too! As far as BB Hub goes, I know some Android users who use the app on their phones and it works well. Android's stock messaging app is really good and you'll get all of your notifications on your lockscreen. If you enable Always on Display, you'll see the time, date, weather, and the corresponding icons of the notifications you have currently received. It's not the same as the Hub however, so it's up to you if you'd like to download the app or not!

Enjoy your trip through Android Central and your new Pixel 3 when it arrives! What colour and size is it; and did you get the smaller 3 or the 3 XL?

chrispmoto

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I was also on BlackBerry forever.

I can 100% say that The Hub works PERFECTLY on my Pixel 3 (XL)!!

You get it for a month free then it starts to show ads. You can pay to remove the ads, as I had fully intended, but honestly, they hardly even bother me.

(My wife got me a Google Play card and I was going to pay the 12$ to remove ads but I haven't even bothered!!)

Feel free to ask me any more about the transition.... It has been great, but honestly, even as I type this, I wish I still had the keyboard......

Enjoy!

ab190670

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
White and standard size pixel did think about the xl but ive got tablets and my mac and prefer something that will fit happily in my pocket.
Thanks for the welcome.

Unfranchise33

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I decided on the smaller pixel 3 and could not be happier. It is still large, but you can use it with one hand. I too used Blackberry from the curve 8310 until the Blackberry Bold. Try and get used to swyping on the Google keyboard. Once you get it, you can't go back to single letter typing. If there is anything better than "new phone day", I don't know what it is. Your life begins tomorrow!

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

You get it for a month free then it starts to show ads. You can pay to remove the ads, as I had fully intended, but honestly, they hardly even bother me.

(My wife got me a Google Play card and I was going to pay the 12$ to remove ads but I haven't even bothered!!)

Feel free to ask me any more about the transition.... It has been great, but honestly, even as I type this, I wish I still had the keyboard......

Enjoy!
One time fee $12 or is that yearly subscription?

ab190670

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Its here !! getting my head around things but so far so good, i do miss keyboard shortcuts but haven't really delved to deep into things yet.

Dec 16, 2018
Visit site

Enjoy!
You and me both. Looks like there are more of us than I thought! I'm another ex-BlackBerry turned Pixel user.

And I recognize @Morty2264 too...I think I remember seeing him around the Essential forum as well. I took a similar route - BlackBerry to Essential to Pixel.

OP - you are in good company. Maybe we should start our own group: "BlackBerry fans waiting for real phones". Lol.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Its here !! getting my head around things but so far so good, i do miss keyboard shortcuts but haven't really delved to deep into things yet.

So glad you are enjoying things so far! You'll get to know the phone and how it works in a few days! You'll be an expert in no time! Happy Phone Week!

chrispmoto

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I still check Crackberry, but seems not as much anymore that I have a Pixel 3.

Still waiting for a Key device that is waterproof (ish) with a great camera and have to admit, would be very tempted to go back. Oh, and the notifications on the BlackBerry are still by far my favorite.

It's been months now and I still am missing my keyboard. My wife, doesn't miss it at all though, so many kicks under the covers in bed whilst typing (clicking) away on the BB. She HATED the "clicking".....!!

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I loved the hub on BB10 and have used it on android. Even without the other app integrations it is a great email app, I think it is quite resource hungry though which is not surprising given it what it does, battery life is fine these days but I always get the sense that it lacks that 'zip' you get from a standalone app, just feels a little slower. YMMV

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
You and me both. Looks like there are more of us than I thought! I'm another ex-BlackBerry turned Pixel user.

And I recognize @Morty2264 too...I think I remember seeing him around the Essential forum as well. I took a similar route - BlackBerry to Essential to Pixel.

OP - you are in good company. Maybe we should start our own group: "BlackBerry fans waiting for real phones". Lol.

Morty is a very sweet lady, not a guy ;-)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20