Ever since a recent update, not sure if it was January update or an AA update, but my notification sounds when connected are not right.

For clarification:

Today on the way to work I got a FB notification. It played at full volume through my phone.

I got a few text messages and all I got was a toast message on my MMI screen in the car.

Anytime I get an email, the music dips in volume.

Before all this, my texts used to make a "Beep" sound in the car when it came through, and the notification sound on my phone would play.

Why does each incoming notification create a different behavior with AA?
    01-29-2019 08:07 AM
    Why does each incoming notification create a different behavior with AA?
    Immature concept/poorly thought out?
    01-29-2019 02:58 PM
    Immature concept/poorly thought out?
    The point Im getting at is, at one point I heard all the notifications on my phone or through the speakers. Now they all do something different. Is there a setting Im missing or accidentally hit?
    01-29-2019 03:08 PM
    The official behavior of AA is to suppress all notification sound with the exception of incoming calls. That's how it works on my Pixel phone. However, other phone makers tend to do it differently. So, OP's behavior could be related to the implementation difference on the specific phone brand.

When AA is connected, the phone is supposed to go into DND mode.
    01-29-2019 04:08 PM
    The official behavior of AA is to suppress all notification sound with the exception of incoming calls. That's how it works on my Pixel phone. However, other phone makers tend to do it differently. So, OP's behavior could be related to the implementation difference on the specific phone brand.

When AA is connected, the phone is supposed to go into DND mode.
    I have a Pixel 3XL. However, I used to get a "Beep" through the MMI when a text came through. No longer happens.
    01-29-2019 04:20 PM
    Ok, so I discovered that my phone was indeed going into DND mode when connected to AA. I realized that for some reason, my settings in DND reverted back to OEM and I changed it to let "Stared" contacts to get through(calls and notifications). This ended up still not working

THen I went into settings>connected devices>connection preferences>driving mode>turned it off.

This morning on the way in, everything was still silent. All my volume settings on the phone were at 100% and DND was not on. I just dont understand.
    02-01-2019 08:02 AM
    Ok, so I discovered that my phone was indeed going into DND mode when connected to AA. I realized that for some reason, my settings in DND reverted back to OEM and I changed it to let "Stared" contacts to get through(calls and notifications). This ended up still not working

THen I went into settings>connected devices>connection preferences>driving mode>turned it off.

This morning on the way in, everything was still silent. All my volume settings on the phone were at 100% and DND was not on. I just dont understand.
    Have you tried going into AA app clearing storage and then force closing see if goes back to normal?
    02-03-2019 10:49 PM
    Have you tried going into AA app clearing storage and then force closing see if goes back to normal?
    Actually, I called Google support and put in a ticket for AA. Apparently this is happening to many people on the Audi forums as well. Unless its an Audi thing specifically...hmmm..
    02-04-2019 08:01 AM
    Actually, I called Google support and put in a ticket for AA. Apparently this is happening to many people on the Audi forums as well. Unless its an Audi thing specifically...hmmm..
    Ok hopefully it gets straighten out.
    02-04-2019 08:02 AM
    I have a pixel 3xl and it's doing the same thing in my F-150. I came from a Moto Z Play. The Moto Z Play always announced notifications through the speakers. When I got the pixel 3 xl (around Thanksgiving), it did as well. I think when they updated AA, it went away. I thought the update was supposed to show the first line of text messages, but mine doesn't.
    Also, a little unrelated, but sometimes when I'm on my phone using it, and a text message comes in, the notification tone is obnoxiously loud.
    02-04-2019 06:10 PM
    Ok, so just an update. It turns out it was a setting in my MMI(Audi A4). Ive never even gone into this menu before(telephone settings), but the message notification volume was about 15%. Changed it to 50% and now I hear my beeps when a message comes through.
    02-08-2019 03:51 PM