All of a sudden my phone is taking a very long time to download apps. Like I've had three apps hung up for an hour for updating. 4 hours ago I had 2 apps update in usual lightening speed.

I rebooted my phone twice, put on airplane mode (subsequently took it off), and rebooted my router. Nothing.

Any idea the cause?
    01-29-2019 09:19 PM
    All of a sudden my phone is taking a very long time to download apps. Like I've had three apps hung up for an hour for updating. 4 hours ago I had 2 apps update in usual lightening speed.

I rebooted my phone twice, put on airplane mode (subsequently took it off), and rebooted my router. Nothing.

Any idea the cause?
    Force close Google play
    01-29-2019 09:29 PM
    Force close Google play
    Tried that, didn't work. Downloads still sitting at pending. One app finally downloaded after an hour. Two others just sitting at pending. Oddly enough, lots of things are running slow right now. Deleting an email from the drop-down and the notification icon hangs for a minute.
    01-29-2019 09:47 PM
    Tried that, didn't work. Downloads still sitting at pending. One app finally downloaded after an hour. Two others just sitting at pending. Oddly enough, lots of things are running slow right now. Deleting an email from the drop-down and the notification icon hangs for a minute.
    Sounds like something got out of whack...you might need a factory reset
    01-29-2019 09:50 PM
    wait before you do that
    try clearing cache in Google play services in apps list if that don't work then delete play store and reinstall , finally factory reset if those don't work
    01-29-2019 09:53 PM
    wait before you do that
    try clearing cache in Google play services in apps list if that don't work then delete play store and reinstall , finally factory reset if those don't work
    You guys talk about factory resetting like it's no big deal. It takes forever to set up the phone again after that. Unless it's not as bad as the Nexus days.
    01-29-2019 10:01 PM
    You guys talk about factory resetting like it's no big deal. It takes forever to set up the phone again after that. Unless it's not as bad as the Nexus days.
    It's not that bad , unless you have 800 apps to back and 900 photos..lol

Back up everything in settings through Google and Google photos and let Google do the rest when you reboot
    Everything gets backup through Google drive .... 15 to 20 minutes tops get back up and running
    HyperM3 likes this.
    01-29-2019 10:04 PM
    Does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data?

Try going to Settings>Apps, select Google Play Store, tap Storage, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager -- you probably have to tap Menu>Show System to see it. Now try again.
    01-29-2019 10:59 PM
    Ok, so I discovered what it was, and this happened to me once in the past too. It was the FB app hanging everything up. It literally took an hour to download, and during that time it completely slowed down my system for some reason. Once that downloaded, every other app download was like normal lightning speed.

So weird. Thanks for helping though and whew, glad I didnt factory reset.
    mustang7757 and B. Diddy like this.
    01-30-2019 07:56 AM
    Ok, so I discovered what it was, and this happened to me once in the past too. It was the FB app hanging everything up. It literally took an hour to download, and during that time it completely slowed down my system for some reason. Once that downloaded, every other app download was like normal lightning speed.

That is weird ...but at least you got it going
    01-30-2019 09:05 AM

We're glad you didn't have to factory reset but they aren't as bad as they used to be.
    01-30-2019 03:08 PM

Every iteration of the Facebook app has been a disaster. Why, oh why, do people insist on installing that crapware???
    J Dubbs likes this.
    01-30-2019 05:45 PM
    Every iteration of the Facebook app has been a disaster. Why, oh why, do people insist on installing that crapware???
    Wait until they merge FB Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp. That's going to be fun
    mustang7757 and J Dubbs like this.
    01-30-2019 05:51 PM
    Wait until they merge FB Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp. That's going to be fun
    I know(
    J Dubbs likes this.
    01-30-2019 06:04 PM
    If you are running a VPN, turn it off. I use PIA and it conflicts with app downloads on my 2XL and 3XL every time.
    01-30-2019 08:35 PM
    1000% agree with this... and Suckerburg is a complete arse who doesn't give a rats azz about your privacy and security. In fact he's been caught on tape laughing about it......a real class act (azz).
    01-31-2019 04:52 AM
    How else can I remember everyone's birthdays?
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-31-2019 07:53 AM
    How else can I remember everyone's birthdays?
    That is true lol
    01-31-2019 07:58 AM
    1000% agree with this... and Suckerburg is a complete arse who doesn't give a rats azz about your privacy and security. In fact he's been caught on tape laughing about it......a real class act (azz).
    He probably got beat up a lot in grades 3 through 12
    J Dubbs likes this.
    01-31-2019 09:15 AM
    He probably got beat up a lot in grades 3 through 12
    Lol
    01-31-2019 09:17 AM