I just got the pixel 3xl and I'm having issue where the default app sounds for whatsapp, Facebook, ring app, etc are not showing up for this apps. I've gone through the settings and advanced notifications and settings on the apps themselves and the WhatsApp number tone that's supposed to come with the app is not there. Same for the other apps. There are my sounds available but only thing that shows there are hangout message and default. Basically all the sounds from my apps sound the freaking same. I'm very tech savvy but I can't imagine why this has to be so difficult. I've had Samsung and Motorola Android phones for many years and never had this even been a thought as a problem. Super annoying and super frustrating. Can anyone help?
    anon(10092459) likes this.
    02-02-2019 08:19 PM
    I just got the pixel 3xl and I'm having issue where the default app sounds for whatsapp, Facebook, ring app, etc are not showing up for this apps. I've gone through the settings and advanced notifications and settings on the apps themselves and the WhatsApp number tone that's supposed to come with the app is not there. Same for the other apps. There are my sounds available but only thing that shows there are hangout message and default. Basically all the sounds from my apps sound the freaking same. I'm very tech savvy but I can't imagine why this has to be so difficult. I've had Samsung and Motorola Android phones for many years and never had this even been a thought as a problem. Super annoying and super frustrating. Can anyone help?
    I pretty sure those features are specific to the individual manufacturers. You may be able to find an app in the play store that will replicate what you're talking about.
    02-02-2019 08:49 PM
    Those apps have preset sounds as far as I recall
    02-02-2019 11:17 PM
    Yes you're right Mike but the pixel 3 is not picking them up. It just default to the the pixel popcorn. When I try to change it the app sounds are not available.
    02-02-2019 11:32 PM
    long press for example WhatsApp
    tap notifications>tap message notifications>tap advance>tap sound then pick a tone before you exit save in upper right hand corner do same for other apps.
    02-02-2019 11:44 PM
    long press for example WhatsApp
    tap notifications>tap message notifications>tap advance>tap sound then pick a tone before you exit save in upper right hand corner do same for other apps.
    Edit: otherwise all your apps will use default popcorn
    02-02-2019 11:45 PM
    I've done that but the app sounds for those apps are not available. I can pick other pixel stock sounds but the app sounds. On the Samsung s8 it would say "app provided sound".
    02-02-2019 11:51 PM
    I've done that but the app sounds for those apps are not available. I can pick other pixel stock sounds but the app sounds. On the Samsung s8 it would say "app provided sound".
    I just checked my note 9 it only offers my default notifications sound or I choose from sounds list Samsung provides
    02-02-2019 11:55 PM
    so what I'm trying say is other notifications will have default popcorn but you can change Facebook to a different pixel sound from the list so you can distinguish between what notifications coming in
    02-02-2019 11:57 PM
    If you like I can check my Samsung S8+ to very that one also ?
    02-03-2019 12:07 AM
    But I want the Facebook sound thanks for your help! I'll either have to find those sounds elsewhere and download them to my phone to use or just live with it and choose a stock pixel sound (I don't like the pixel sounds lol).
    02-03-2019 12:39 AM
    Thanks but I have my s8+ up to compare and it's just a missing for pixel.
    02-03-2019 12:40 AM
    But I want the Facebook sound thanks for your help! I'll either have to find those sounds elsewhere and download them to my phone to use or just live with it and choose a stock pixel sound (I don't like the pixel sounds lol).
    Ok no problem , hope you you find them . Maybe leave link here for others interested.
    02-03-2019 12:46 AM
    Yes you're right Mike but the pixel 3 is not picking them up. It just default to the the pixel popcorn. When I try to change it the app sounds are not available.
    I guess I misunderstood....sounds like you want to use those apps sound's for other Pixel notifications.
    02-03-2019 08:58 AM
    I guess I misunderstood....sounds like you want to use those apps sound's for other Pixel notifications.
    Probably more like I didn't explain right. I would like to use the preset sounds that come with the apps themselves instead of the pixel sounds that are there to choose from. Seems like this is a flaw of the pixel 3xl. I'll have to find the sounds elsewhere, download them to my phone, then I'll be able to use them. Appreciate your help!
    02-03-2019 11:18 AM
    Probably more like I didn't explain right. I would like to use the preset sounds that come with the apps themselves instead of the pixel sounds that are there to choose from. Seems like this is a flaw of the pixel 3xl. I'll have to find the sounds elsewhere, download them to my phone, then I'll be able to use them. Appreciate your help!
    I literally just went through this over the weekend. I decided to change my Snapchat sound notification but realized I wanted the sound that came with Snapchat back. Now there is no ability to find the default notification sound for the app, its only giving me the Pixel options or ones I have created. I decided to see if this happens on other apps and it did it on Facebook too. So, now I have two apps that I have custom notification tones on, that I cant change back to their default sounds they came with.
    02-04-2019 10:11 AM
    I literally just went through this over the weekend. I decided to change my Snapchat sound notification but realized I wanted the sound that came with Snapchat back. Now there is no ability to find the default notification sound for the app, its only giving me the Pixel options or ones I have created. I decided to see if this happens on other apps and it did it on Facebook too. So, now I have two apps that I have custom notification tones on, that I cant change back to their default sounds they came with.
    I don't know if it'll work but try uninstalling the apps and reinstalling
    02-04-2019 03:08 PM
    I don't know if it'll work but try uninstalling the apps and reinstalling
    Im sure that probably would work, just a hassle. I found the Facebook notification tone in the folder when I went through file explorer. Moved it to my actual notification folder in Audio. Cant find the Snapchat sound file though.
    02-04-2019 03:40 PM
    Im sure that probably would work, just a hassle. I found the Facebook notification tone in the folder when I went through file explorer. Moved it to my actual notification folder in Audio. Cant find the Snapchat sound file though.
    Yeah I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still same issue. It might actually be an Android 9 issue rather than a Google pixel 3 issue. Just a thought.
    02-21-2019 09:07 PM