Pixel 3XL on list of phones with high radiation output

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm not sure what to say on this topic, but one thing for sure I've been using cell phones for many years and haven't had issues.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just don't understand the relevance of the article. As long as they are all safe levels I'm OK with it.

I agree, as long its safe levels like you said nothing more to really say. Can also say same about frequency waves carriers use to penetrate buildings and get better reception, as long as it's safe levels

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I agree, as long its safe levels like you said nothing more to really say. Can also say same about frequency waves carriers use to penetrate buildings and get better reception, as long as it's safe levels

I left my opinion in the comments section of the article

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I originally posted it because it came up on Google feed and I looked at it and was surprised that amongst the many phones out in the wild...the Pixel 3xl was in the list.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I originally posted it because it came up on Google feed and I looked at it and was surprised that amongst the many phones out in the wild...the Pixel 3xl was in the list.

There's no issue with your post and thanks for sharing.

I have issues with the article itself especially the part where the footnotes mention brands that arent listed and the headline itself implies something that the article doesn't substantiate.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Read below, anything 1.6 and below is safe and is legally sold in the US. Nothing to see here. Besides, Samsung phones are higher than 1.39. Nothing to worry about here.

Working closely with federal health and safety agencies, such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the FCC has adopted limits for safe exposure to radiofrequency (RF) energy. These limits are given in terms of a unit referred to as the Specific Absorption Rate (SAR), which is a measure of the amount of radio frequency energy absorbed by the body when using a mobile phone. The FCC requires cell phone manufacturers to ensure that their phones comply with these objective limits for safe exposure. Any cell phone at or below these SAR levels (that is, any phone legally sold in the U.S.) is a "safe" phone, as measured by these standards. The FCC limit for public exposure from cellular telephones is an SAR level of 1.6 watts per kilogram (1.6 W/kg).

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
They all have relatively the same output except for the outliers and not all brands are listed that are indicated by the asterisk

Ugh. This is another one of those uninformed articles out to scare you. Cell phones emit radio waves. They are all over the place, from your Wi-Fi routers at home, radio waves from TV/radio stations, etc. They do NOT cause cancer. They never have and they never will. This article seems like it was written by one of those bored housewives who writes articles saying vaccines are bad for your children (they're not).

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Ugh. This is another one of those uninformed articles out to scare you. Cell phones emit radio waves. They are all over the place, from your Wi-Fi routers at home, radio waves from TV/radio stations, etc. They do NOT cause cancer. They never have and they never will. This article seems like it was written by one of those bored housewives who writes articles saying vaccines are bad for your children (they're not).

Poorly written at best

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Slow clap.

👍

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site

I got my Radio Wave vaccine back in '09. Didn't hurt a bit...:cool:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
SAR is a buzzword, invented to sell phones. We evolved with much higher SAR of electromagnetic energy than any cellphone is capable of - if you see a lightning strike, the SAR you're being subjected to is in the hundreds, at least, depending on how many miles it is from you. The SAR from sunshine (also electromagnetic radiation) is in the thousands on a cloudy day. (Yes, if you lie on the beach in a bathing suit [or, for women, a small bikini] for hours, you'll get a touch of radiation poisoning, but that goes away in hours.)

Police, using 5 Watt (or more) radios, are subjected to much higher SARs, and the antenna these days is (depending n the officer's preference) pretty close to the head.

Ham radio operators are subject to SARs in ... I won't post the number, because no one will believe it, but I carried the scar of a burn produced by contact with an antenna when the transmitter was transmitting (someone couldn't see a sign in 144 point type) for years.

The only thing EM radiation causes, until we get to much higher frequencies than are used for cellphones, is heating. (Google radiodiathermy - doctors used to shoot 25 Watts into a sore muscle to ease the pain.) So even if the SAR of a phone was 2 or 3, all it would do is heat your ear by an unmeasurable amount. (There's never been a case of a cancer linked to EM radiation.) Mr Segundus has it on the nose - the article is about as relevant to reality as the anti-vaxxer nonsense (which was originally pushed by a doctor [who had his medical license lifted for doing it] who raised the issue because a law firm that wanted huge lawsuits paid him to).

Besides, the lower the SAR, the lower the signal the phone is putting out, so the worse it's going to perform. (And no one takes into account that SAR varies directly with the strength of the received signal, because cellphones raise their transmit power if the received signal is weak.)

As Mike said, it's a ridiculous article.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae